This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Fenix 5 Charge pin corrosion

seems to be very keen closing every singly thread related to the corrosion issue. But I would like you to provide some feedback to Garmin loyal customers rather than stopping them from discussing the issue. What is the status, when the fix is expected, is the fix possible at all or otherwise I will be asking for a refund since I'm getting closer to the end of my warranty period? Unfortunately, Garmin have a poor reputation in terms of providing feedback on the issues or fixing things here, so this situation doesn't help either.

Other fellow users, what is your experience, especially the ones who received new units, are there any replacement units that hasn't corroded after that? If so what s/n is that?

Thank you!

Top Replies

All Replies

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 5 years ago

you can buy little rubber plugs for 99p for 5 from Ebay.

Kinda surprised they don't include one.

Every Smart watch forum has a corroded pin thread or two.

• From the previous discussions, those plugs are actually making things worse, since they are able to protect from dust, but not from sweat/water which builds up under the plug and leads to even worse corrosion.

• I have got a refurbished unit and after a week, same problem. I am talking with them again and they told me that they can send me a new unit and it won't happen again (I don't believe it), because I am asking if they know how to fix the problem and they don't answer.

I am very disappointed, because we are not getting any feedback about it and yesterday via phone they even told me that they don't have this issue acknowledged!!! (Spain Support)

I don't want to be sending back my watch every week to support and getting a replacement.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 5 years ago in reply to Ocean5

oh well, I only wasted 99p I guess, thanks for the advice.

• Today i got the third device so we'll see.
    After first replacement, corosion was visible already after firs training...

• If anyone is running into this issue, please reach out to your local Garmin Support Team.

To answer the other question, of why these threads are getting closed. The reason is for multiple reasons and I will do my best to explain. First, since this is a hardware instead of a software issue, there is no way to fix your fenix from here. Second, we need to know who, where and how many people are running into this. Plus we need to know what everyone is doing before this happens so we can find out the cause and make sure we address this. Third, if you already had this issue, and it comes back, then make sure you tell the Support member that fact. If our improvements did not work for you then that is something that we need to know. I personally can think of a few other reasons, but is important is that Garmin has highly trained staff ready to help you with this and anything else you run into. So please use that resource when you need it.