Garmin firmware update policy is ridiculous for 2020

Hey, dear Garmin guys! I bought your premium watch, which came out less than a year before your last lineup (Forerunner x45/Fenix 6) and still oficially available for the price comparable to your Fenix 6 series, to find out that you are not backport new features to previous models.

For example, your closest friends like Apple, Samsung, Suunto, Polar and even Huawei don't have this problem and backport their features for previous generations several years with no problem. And even for watches that are not in the premium segment with a price of less than half. No words, even your Forerunner series get more updates than Fenix!

I am really disappointed that I haven't read the forums more carefully before buying and hope you will hear your customers, but the forum threads are not giving me too much hope.

My top-feature list that I want to see in my Fenix 5 plus watches:

• I think reality is in the middle: in part we are right to ask for new features and in part they are right not to give them to us.
    Of course, the previous generation devices (such as the Fenix 5 Plus) that are still sold through the official channels should be managed in a much better way, for example as regards functions such as the PacePro considering that all the performance calculation is done through the app.

• The sapphire version is definitely worth having (over the normal glass version, not in general), so don’t bother too much... :-)

• I totally agree the watch has the capability to do all of those and respiration rate if they just update the firmware. Even if they included these as paid add one in IQconnect would be something. I wonder if any app programmers could do it?

• I totally agree they should update and included respiratory rate feature as well. If Garmin don’t I wish third party app coders would offer these on IQconnect.

• i agree garmin is useless to update old watches with new features comapred to others like apple. 

problem is garmin watches can last 10 years beacuse of good batttery life, apple watch maybe 2-3 years. 

that is why they dont update with new features beacuse fewer people would buy new watch

• garmin watches can last 10 years

My Fenix '1' is indeed going to celebrate its 10th birthday next year, and I expect I'll be using it for even longer. It has some very nice features (Geocaching, GPS tools that show which satellites it is receiving and their signal strengths, a graph for the temperature when you have an external Tempe sensor active, ability to save a track directly in GPX format, ability to share waypoints and courses directly with another Fenix or Fenix 2, and you can configure it with XML files!) that later models do not have. My daily driver is the 5 Plus, but that Fenix 1 is uniquely versatile and IMHO the best outdoor watch they ever made.

Not saying there's nothing to be improved for the Fenix 5 Plus, but I'm always really cautious about expecting new features in firmware updates. Bought a competing brands sports watch once, with the 'promise' it would support swimming 'in later firmware updates', but that never happened.