Wrong pace value on treadmill activity after 8.40 firmware update on Fenix 5x plus

Hi, 

After the upgrade of my Fenix 5x plus to 8.40 firmware, my pace, and the distance in consequence, is too way off on a treadmill running. It seems that this upgrade wipe out the calibration that I done before.

It was a 6k running and the watch showed 7.75k (I do not use a foot pod)! Before the upgrade the error in my treadmill runs was in the order of +/-150 m.

Another issue to mention is that the battery has drained 2% (too fast in my opnion) in 45 min of activity (6k treadmill running and strenth workout) without GPS or Music, only sync with the phone and the RD pod.

• Just adding myself to the growing list with the same issue. I wish I ran 4 min miles. My Strava friends are all jealous. Fix your product, Garmin!!!!!!!

• I have the same issue as well. Tempo better than Kipchoge. It is so frustrating that they broke something that was working fine and now it takes months to fix it back.

• I did the following procedure that is working for me:

-Install the 9.00 firmware

-Remove all stuff from Connect IQ store

-Delete all data and reset all settings from the watch menu

-Remove the watch from Garmin Connect (it seems that some configuration is sync back if it is not removed)

-Installe the watch as brand new

The downside of doing this is that only ~3months of the activities are donwload to the watch and the odometer is reset. (you have to set physio true up on in Garmin connect in order to sync the metrics)

Garmin support didn't help and they don't look at this forum.

• It's been good from me, but I can't say if it's the beta or not.  I completely wiped out my watch and removed it from Garmin Connect than added it back in and updated the watch to the new beta.  The first two runs on the treadmill were dead on so I didn't need to do any calibration and it's held there since.

• I fixed mine this week (before the V10 upgrade hit my watch) by performing a factory reset. It also fixed problems I had with Garmin Pay and a problem with connecting my Running Pod (it just stopped working one day). The V10 upgrade just happened to my watch this morning so I am hoping it didn't break something again. If V10 does not fix your problem, try resetting your watch. You can do a factory reset through the menu, but I didn't do it that way so cannot say if that works the same as what I did. See below for the steps I took. 

Delete the watch from the phone Connect app. Once you do this, you will not be able to reset the watch using the watch menu and will have to do it as described below. 

• Turn watch Power off.
    • Press and release power button while also pressing the Start and Back Buttons.
    • Once the Garmin logo appears: 
      • Beep 1: release START button
      • Beep 2: release BACK button
    • Add watch to Connect app on phone as part of the watch set-up process. 

It will erase all data and you will have to set everything back up. The biggest pain for me was returning the watch face to the configuration I had before, but that is a cosmetic issue. 

• Did you get it to work (the beta update)?