This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

v9.36 Official Software Fast Battery Drain

I'm going through the battery in 24-48 hours. No apps or fields installed. No GPS activities. Also having sync issues where I have to kill the connect app on Android to get it to sync. I had the same issues on beta now it persists into the production release

• UPDATE: few days ago I tried to uninstall the only 3rd party watchface I used for few months - Glance Watch Face. Then restarted watch by holding top left button and then fully charged. It's been 3 days, and battery drain got to normal values, aprox. 5-6% a day. It seems, that after the upgrade to 9.33 this 3rd party watchface caused the problem and doubled my battery drain, even when I did not use it. It was just installed on watch. Uninstalling this watchface finally helped. I'm in the process of observation, but I think that for now my problem with battery seems solved. 

Maybe this information will be helpful for you and other users with similar battery problems and help Garmin with future updates, to remove this bug.

• I've never had any 3rd party watchface. 

After the reset, I got pretty good battery consumption for a couple of days, but then the drain has increased slowly. 

Now I'm from 100% - > 61% in 3 full days. That is 0.54% per hour i.e. 7.7 days with full charge.

That includes only 1h of GPS time. 

• getting a new epix does not change anything i think IF you update it also to 9.33 :).  so if you do this then NOT update it. lol

Crazy this all:(

• Thanks! I do actually have a non Garmin watchface on my watch, but not active. Forgot about that. Gonna delete it as well and see if that helps. 

• Maybe you get luckier with the new watch(considering that not everyone is affected by the fast drain and i am among those...yes, i'm using AOD and gesture off but i tried for 1 or 2 days with AOD off and gesture on and the drain was normal) and having a new one is always better Smiley

(this is if they can replace it quickly...but you still lose all the HRV data so it's tricky)

• Just a quick update after removing all 3rd party watchface and app for a few days 

the battery drain is at 18% in 59 hours so it’s about 0.3%/hr.  I am happy with the result so far.  But you lost one of the function ConnectIQ 

anyways, I hope 9.35a helps the issue.

• The one difference I have noticed after upgrading to 9.33 that may be contributing to the increased battery drain is that my watch went from being able to remain connected to my phone from around 5 metres to now it can be up to 20 metres. I would imagine this increased connectivity range must need additional power to maintain. Will try disconnecting for 24hrs and see if this restores my watch to previous battery use level or not.

• Hi Chris,

Any update on this? I’m starting to consider just returning my Epix. Something something “get a watch that works”…

• I used the watchface Hexacurve. When changing to a new watchface the issue was gone. Now I checked connect IQ and it looks like Hexacurve is gone from the store. Might have been the issue, always searching for an update of the watchface or it has a programming issue and was removed by purpose. 

• Any update on this?

Alpha 9.35 is getting watch back to normal.
    So a new release should be available soon.

You can notice how the discharge is slower since the Alpha installation twelves hours ago.
    So 9.33 on the left and 9.35 on the right, much flatter. I have lost 3% in twelve hours which is excellent.
    (My sleep mode is keeping all HRV and Heart rate and Blue Tooth Connection, only the screen is dimmed.)
    My watchface is stock.