How to change number of fields on a Navagation data screen?

On the Epix 2, I want to change one of the data screens on the Navagation activity to be a single field from the ConnectIQ store.

However, it seems that it allows ONLY 3 fields - I can't change the number of fields on the screen.

I couldn't find how to get around this in the manual.

Anyone know?

- Tim

• Sounds like you're editing one of the specialized data screens like map, running dynamics or map which has fixed number of fields. Add a new (or edit) a generic data screen and you should see lot's of layout options, like 1 full screen.

• Not sure about adding IQ fields, but you can definitely change your layouts to more than 3 data fields.

How have you tried to set it up - your watch or your phone? As can tell you now the phone is much, much easier. Phone works same way as all other sport activities.

Watch is more complicated depending on which route you go. If you go menu - activities & apps - navigation; this route is pretty much the same.

If you select navigation and then change data screens - its far more complicated. Navigation - select option of what you want to do. Prior to pressing start press up button for options, scroll to "navigate settings" to go usual route to change data screens. Alternatively select the "navigation settings", data screens, click into the screen you want, go to layout and change layout.like normal.

What is the difference. Not entirely sure between navigate settings and navigation settings; but think navigate settings relates to the navigate sport activity, whereas navigation settings relates to settings/layouts you will see when you activate navigation in another sport activity (just basing it on the ability to turn on of data screens and how I only have one on and that is all I get when I use navigation in running, cycling, sup etc.).

• Thanks!  I had tried doing it from Settings/Navigate, and that's why I was confused; when I went to Activities & Apps/Navigation, it worked as normal.  I guess I was confused since Navigation was in more than one place (as compared to other activity types).  Makes sense now!

By the way, what did you mean by "activate navigattion in another sport activity"?  How is that done?  The reason I ask is, my main reason for changing the navigation data screens was because I wanted to see the single "Dozen Ride" ConnectIQ data field when I use navigation, in most cases, because I would mostly use it for bike events.  Is there a way of navigating a "course" as part of a bike activity?  i thouht that the main activity has to be "navigation" if I want to use "Navigate/Course"?

• Press Start, select Bike, press Up, press down until you see Courses (it changes place, sometimes top of this list, sometimes a few clicks down), press Start, click to your desired course, press Start, press Start on Do Course….then press Start to start the bike activity.

• Thanks much!  I wonder, now, how I can restore the default Navigation-as-an-activity screens.  Do you know if there's a selective "reset to default" (instead of "reset everything to default", which is the only thing I've found)?

• you can try going into the navigation app and trying the restore option there.Not sure how and if it will affect the navigation screens in the other activities or whether that only impacts navigation activity.

• restore the default Navigation-as-an-activity screens.

Go to Settings, Activities and Apps. Press middle left to Add then top right to see the list. Scroll to Navigate, then top right to add it.