Strength workout changes since 8.18

For the most part, I really appreciate the changes to the strength workout experience with 8.18.There are a few problems that I'm wondering if I'm missing solutions for:

When I start a workout that I've created in connect, the watch continues to default to the exercise "map" screen (the list of exercises coming next). While I like the screen well enough,it's not a good data screen for an actual workout (i.e., it doesn't show reps, which kind of defeats the purpose). In this screen, it's also difficult to see elapsed time without scrolling up to the top of the list. It actually makes it harder to track where you are rather than better. Am I missing a way to default to the rep screen as with previous versions?

Also, it's disappointing is that the new "rep" screen (not the list of exercises screen but the one that actually shows reps) does not show elapsed time. So, if I do manage to remember to scroll up to the rep screen before starting an exercise, the elapsed time from the start of the exercise is gone. Is there a way to modify the display of the automatic screens like the reps screen? They don't show up in the list of data screens.
Thanks!

• Fair enough. Super poorly implemented. Makes the entire workout a slog. The watch no longer integrates into a workout but becomes an impediment. If that's a feature, so be it.

• Since the change of the workout display, I've changed the default settings for strength workouts using the setup below. This gives me everything I need to get through the workout efficiently, without the watch getting in the way or having to fumble for buttons. What I see is what I need to know - current step time, current step time remaining, what's the next set and weight. 

• Removed all data screens except the 1 mandatory screen
    • Removed all data fields on that screen, leaving only step time
    • Set to fast auto scroll

During a rest step, this gives me 3 screens that auto scroll without the need to press any buttons, unless I need to edit reps or weight.

My watch is now on software version 10.43. Every time there's an update, I go back to default settings for strength workouts to see if anything has changed for the better. Not yet.Slight smile 

• The watch no longer integrates into a workout but becomes an impediment.

Indeed

Every time there's an update, I go back to default settings for strength workouts to see if anything has changed for the better. Not yet

I do the same.
    Unfortunately, I'm always disappointed.

• I do the same. It's been almost a year and tbh it really affects my use of the watch in workouts. It's not a complicated fix. Change the default screen to the active set workout screen--which shows the next exercise, the time remaining on a rest, etc., which was the original ask--and let those who want to see the next three exercises scroll. But as it is, I'm just constantly pressing buttons and getting annoyed at how poorly this was implemented. And every time I see they release a new update and have changed/fixed the silliest little things without fixing this, I get even more annoyed.

• Garmin please create the possibility to switch the detail page optional on or off.

I know my daily workouts inside out.
    I don't want to have to read and describe them on the watch every time,
    I just want to see my times and desired data fields.

• Got an updated list of a lot if issues here: https://forums.garmin.com/outdoor-recreation/outdoor-recreation/f/fenix-7-series/290766/issues-and-bugs-with-strength-training

Guess Garmin needs to be made aware more we are not happy with the current solution.