Epix 2 comparison to S62

Since the new Epix 2 has a touch screen, does it have the exact same functionality as Garmin's current golf flagship the S62? I have not come across any golfing websites or youtube channels that have reviewed the Epix. 

• I was also wondering the exact same thing.  When my Fenix 6 Sapphire HRM died (the back popped out, Garmin was unwilling to replace for free but offered $200 to replace), I got a Venu 2 to test out.  I did not like that Venu 2 did not have the actual hole laid out like the Fenix 6 Sapphire, so I knew I will be waiting for the AMOLED Fenix (aka epix gen 2).

I don't have the S62 and have not played with them in the store, but I will show you some photos side by compared to a Fenix 6 Sapphire:

In the whole hole lay out, the picture looks similar other than black vs white background (in the F6).

When I click on the up button, the epix scrolls through the various hazards and gives you the front/back of that hazard.  In the F6, since it's not a touch screen, all it does is move your drive distance forward (or backward with the down button), and you can see the range and how it would get to the bunker or not.  I think it is still possible to get the front/back of the bunker with the F6 (I don't use it much) by going into the menu button and select hazard).

When you click on the screen on the epix (and I imagine on the F7s also), it will zoom in and be albe to show you a more close-up of the course as well as the hit to distance or what not.  In F6, that was not possible.

So while I can not tell you with 100% certainty it has all the features of the S62, I can tell you that it is an upgrade over the F6 golf app and also the Venu 2's golf app.

• Thanks for that. Used for the first time today. It's not that intuitive the scoring never came up for example until I left the hole and no option for putts,etc. 

I couldn't find the hazard up down, as you mentioned nothing on screen but thanks for the tip to use physical keys instead.  Weird why it would'nt operate same as S62 as its supposedly superior. 

• Since 9.33 the Epix2 (and F7) also has virtual caddy functionality learning your club distances and proposing clubs which is pretty cool as that seemed to close the gap between the S62. In the latest Alpha release there is an improvement for the scoring card as well. But I can imagine the user interface is different as Epix2 is a newer watch. I think its amazing to see Garmin not only focuses on running, cycling and swimming but continues to develop and publish great functionality improvements for most outdoor and indoor sports in their latest watches, including golf. 

• Might be worth watching this video - its old so doesn't have the latest updates, but may help you with some of your issues; https://youtu.be/Q6w6OQ6bnxs

• Strange, my putts do come up.  It's after confirming the score.  Is your Scoring and Stat Tracking both turned on?  I recall it was missing something in the beginning also.  But there is definitely a setting that turns on most of the stat tracking.  Try checking it before going into the app (holding the left middle button to change "Golf Settings", and also once you are in the app, you can check the settings there also.