This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Enduro Rebooting During Activity

Is anyone else having issues with the enduro rebooting in the middle of an activity? (This is the first version as I haven't received the second yet.) I've had this happen several times over the past few weeks. I don't seem to lose any data, it just reboots to the save/resume page. I'm running the 20.42 but it has happened on other version as well. 

• This issue was resolved with the v11.28 software update.

If you come across this thread and have a restart issue on v11.28 software or newer, please create a new forum thread. Thank you.

• I had this a couple of times. I thought it might have been linked to using a hrm strap. It’s not happened for a while so maybe it’s been resolved in an update?

• I was doing a 100k Ultra in the UK last weekend and half way through my Enduro started rebooting. This would take a minute or two and then bring me back to the save/resume screen. Then this will repeat every 2-5 mins. Very frustrating but I still was able to access GPS navigation and data I needed for my race. However, a few hours later and over 50 times after I have resumed my activity from a reboot, the watch just went off with only the Garmin logo on it and I could do nothing to restart it - it was just a frozen screen with the Garming logo on it. Not to mnetion I was in the middle of the night in a very technical terrain with no visibility and mostly relying on my watch to navigate. This is no joke and I would really like to understand why and if that will happen again? I have only bough my Enduro a month and a half ago and this is very dissapointing for a watch in such a high price range. 

The day after I finished the race and finally managed to restart the warch, it asked me to register as a new device with all data from my race nowhere to be found. 

I have purposfully set-up the watch to no auto-updates and I had already updated to 22.10 version. Any help to why/ and how to prevent for this happening again will be greatly appreciated. 

• I ran an ultra with my new Enduro two days ago - same thing. The watch must have rebooted 5 times during the race. I don;t think I lost much data, but none the less - very disappointing for such an expensive bit of kit. I've submitted this to garmin support but have heard nothing back.

• I have just had the same issue. I emailed support but have not heard anything back

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 1 year ago

Hmm, i though it was just me. Did a couple of 50k runs with following a course nothing wrong with that. But last month i did a 100k with following a course and it crashed 5-6 times.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 1 year ago in reply to Former Member
    • I had the same 90km into a 100km ultra, kept rebooting into save/resume and kept getting the triangle. Lost 30 minutes and 2 miles.
  • My Enduro shows update screen (gear wheel with the down arrow) on Wednesday and then show save/resume screen after approx 4 hours of activity. Activity file is somehow broken and does not count distance after this issue (but maps and exported GPX file is ok :(  ) (FW: 22.10)

• A very similar thing happened to me. At mile 83 of my 100 mile ultra. I got the gear icon suddenly and it looked to be frozen, then the watch would reset and briefly show my mileage again. The time and mileage were not updating and would only be there for a little bit and then the gear showed up again, looked like the watch froze, then it would reboot. Rinse and repeat. I was also in the dark at the time which wasn't cool. I didn't get it working again during the race. I was able to stop the activity and get it to save what I had already done (I was stopped at an aid station dealing with a stomach issue so I had time) but not what I should have had to worry about. 

• Same, lost everything past mile 83 of a 100 mile ultra (which I ended up DNFing...)