This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Enduro Rebooting During Activity

Is anyone else having issues with the enduro rebooting in the middle of an activity? (This is the first version as I haven't received the second yet.) I've had this happen several times over the past few weeks. I don't seem to lose any data, it just reboots to the save/resume page. I'm running the 20.42 but it has happened on other version as well. 

• Yes, the exact same thing was showing on mine too and I couldn’t do anything to stop it. I hope someone at Garmin does look at this and it gets sorted with the next update.

• Same problem here, the issue started around June 20th and repeats regularly at every long workout. can that be linked to some recent software updates?

• So what I'm hearing is that a load of us bought Enduros because we run ultras and the watch fails at ultra distances. I seriously hope take note of this!

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 1 year ago

I'm curious which options are enabled for you all when the watch crashed.
    For me:
    - course 100k
    - livetrack with phone connection
    - 1 ConnectIQ Datafield

After the first reboot, i removed the ConnectIQ datafield. After the second time i stopped livetrack. After the third reboot i disabled Bluetooth completly

For me the watch is rebooting a get back to the activity again, i only have to start it again.

I think for my next 100k in Oktober i will split my route in 2 smaller 50k and save the activity halfway and start a new activity. In the end on my laptop i can merge the 2 activities. It is not convenient, but i saves me some frustration a long the way.

BTW, this was my first 100k with the enduro (firmware 22.10). Have people better experience with older firmware versions?

• Mine was a 100 mile race but I didn't load the course so it was only tracking what I was doing. No livetrack since I was using my phone and Strava's beacon feature for crew to know where I was. 5 data fields none of which were connectIQ just heartrate, timer, temperature, avg pace and distance. It happened at the beginning of June so it was one firmware back I think. I ran a 100 mile race in September of 2021 where the watch worked perfectly so I don't know if it is a fluke or some sort of firmware bug that made it in. I talked with Garmin support and they said they have someone looking into it. Apparently mine is odd since it showed the gear icon for a while before rebooting each time and most peoples just rebooted.

• My last race was 80km. No live track, but I was using a course.

I don't use any connectIQ data fields (only a couple of custom watch faces)

It rebooted 3 or 4 times - each time I was able to hit resume.

• I didn't have livetrack on and Bluetooth was disconnected. I also had the Auto-Updates off. 

I did have course loaded because I was going through technical sections and with very poor visibility due to mist at time so I was heavily relying on my GPS and course track. 

• I had the same issue during a 10hr/50k on 2-July-2022. The Enduro running 22.10 rebooted twice in quick succession after about 8 hours. At the time I was following a course, and had a HRM-Pro and Tempe connected.

I'd be happy to provide Garmin with more details if it will help fix the issue.

• Same here. Had PacePro activated and Track loaded. Most remarkable thing is that the restarts happened twice, on diffferent activites two weeks apart, in the same area plusminus 100m. The GPS coverage was erratic in that area. Does the latter sound like something you had on your activities too?

cheers.

j.

• During my race the rebooting problems started in a place with very good GPS coverage so I don't think it was due to coverage. It kept rebooting for 3-4 hours maybe before the watch completely refused to work and it was stuck on the wheel icon until it died eventually. 

I have not done anything longer than 15 miles since then and had no problems with rebooting.