Enduro 2 very broken since 16.22 update

Following the 16.22 update the watch:

• froze randomly
  • froze after activities
  • froze on save screen following activities
  • froze on HR screen
  • messed with HR settings
  • lost activities (Grr!)

I have had to soft reset the watch a dozen times due to this freezing. I made the decision to try a factory reset today -  it got stuck/ frozen on 'loading FIT files'.

Tried again with a hard reset:, now it's refusing to pair with the phone

Honestly guys - sort it out before pushing updates that brick devices!

• I have a problem too. with the 16.22 update.  constantly changing altitude and bad gps measurement.  Are you having the same issue?

• Our engineers believe they may have identified the route cause of this concern. They have found that this appears to be related to a bug with the Solar widget on the watch face. They are working on a software update to resolve this. In the mean time, they are recommending changing the watch face to exclude the solar data. 

Update April 25, 2024: 

With further testing, it appears removing the solar from the watch face is only resolving the concern for solar Tactix 7 models. So if you are using a Solar edition of Tactix 7, please proceed with trying another watch face that does not include solar. For other watch models, our engineering team are continuing to investigate this concern. 

• I have the same issue!! Altimeter is drifting like crazy. It’s calculating my elevation gain double what it should be. Can we install the previous update until 16.22 is fixed? 

• If you delete some watchface from watch , the watch restarts in over and over again until make hard reset..

• I have a similar issue with battery drain, but it appears to be entirely related to bluetooth functionality - if I turn off bluetooth connectivity the battery drains at the normal rate, but with it turned on, bluetooth is frequently (randomly) dropping it's connection and reconnecting. it also takes a *very* long time to sync information with GarminConnect as bluetooth data transfer appears extremely affected. I don't have any solar data included on my base watch face. my watch is pretty new - just purchased in late December '23.

Don't let the Engineers stop looking with the solar data issue - that isn't the problem in my case (or others that I've read on the site)!

• also, I tried the sub-nuclear option of deleting the garmin connect app and removing my phone's bluetooth memory of the Enduro2....now that I've done that, my phone doesn't find the Enduro2 (despite bluetooth being on) to add back as a bluetooth connection, this is definitely an issue with bluetooth connectivity and enduro2. I'll just set the watch up for wifi syncing for the moment, but I really like having the bluetooth connection to my phone - I hope you all fix it with the next update(soon!)

• Hello

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with the pairing. For this, there are a few steps we recommend trying: 

• Ensure the Connect app and the phone's OS are on the latest version
    • Remove the watch from the phone's Bluetooth menu and the Connect app
    • Toggled the Bluetooth off then on again
    • Powercycle the watch and phone

Then try the pairing again. If the pairing concern continues, I would recommend contacting Garmin Support. 

• guys please do something.  in this update the watch loses about 150 meters in five kilometers and 400-500m in ten kilometers.  neither did the 205 forerunner. Totally ruined it..

• Hello! I have had the device since December and I can say that I was very pleased, until I put the 16.22. Bad distance measurement and bad elevation change. Can we roll back the previous update? I can't do wright training.

• Hi, it's now been over a month since you broke our watches - seemingly still with little clue about what you've done or how to fix it.  I cannot comprehend how you think this is acceptable? In what other retail space can a company sell a product, only to then break that product, and expect people to just accept it? I mean, you've sold us a vase, then come around and smashed it to bits with a hammer, and then claimed 'that's fine'. Ridiculous. It is not OK, and really I'd expect an offer of some sort of remedy. And the wholesale sacking of your entire QA team!