Enduro 2 is it worth upgrading to it

I am currently looking to upgrade my current multi sport watch.
And very much like to look of the Enduro 2 and would like your opinions... good or bad.
I have read many reviews of the watch, but also wanted to ask real life users.

• Best watch ever. Switch 6 months ago from Suunto.

• Have been using it hard since its launch, excellent in all aspects! Go for it! Battery life with hard use is more than 20 days! Notifications always on, GPS on full throttle during activities, regular use of the led light during activities as well (night runs). The only downside could be the size, but wears like its not there. The charge via solar power is not significant if you expect that to prolong your battery life. Good accuracy of the sensors is also welcomed very much.

• Battery resource and flashlight. Previously owned a Phoenix 6x, going on a 30+ km run with less than 30% battery was a very risky proposition. Now, even with 15%, I'm not worried about it.  
    And flashlight - it is a completely new quality of life. For running, a headlamp will still be the best solution, but for everything else...A dark corner in the garage, a distant place somewhere in the wardrobe, any dark place in the house or on the street is no longer a problem. I used to think this flashlight was just a marketing gimmick, but now I can't imagine doing without it.

• Rumor is that the fenix 7X pro release is imminent. The enduro 2 is literally a fenix 7X with a 20% greater battery capacity onboard. One of the leaked images of the 7X pro shows 37 days on the battery indicator which is 1.33x the full range for a 7X and 1.09x the enduro 2.

It could well obsolete the enduro 2 for battery range at the same or lower price point.

• I'd be happy to be wrong, but I don't think Garmin would be stupid enough to release a model that offers more features for less money. Therefore, either the price of new models will be higher, or the capabilities will be worse. In any case, I agree with you here, the presentation should take place very soon, so it makes sense to wait and make a choice from more options.

• Yes they probably won’t undercut themselves but they might. You may have more options available to choose with your budget. For example all 7X plus models could have <10% more range than an enduro 2 and a hypothetical gorilla glass 7X Plus version might be cheaper than an enduro 2. 

It depends on if the goal is to continue to push upmarket or to just keep their market position ahead of the completion on features like range and specialty metrics. For example, the new Suunto Vertical claims slightly more range than an enduro 2, so Garmin needs to keep pushing to justify their price premium.

The fenix 7X was released while the enduro nothing was still for sale with ~10% more range in GPS mode plus maps and a better GPS system, cool flashlight, and much better processor but at the same price.

It was a generational improvement which amounted to more features at the same price point.

• You know, in the process of improving any product, at some point there comes a moment of "enough". For example, as it was with the resolution of smartphone screens. Higher quality is no longer needed. Now I feel the same way about the Enduro 2 when it comes to battery life. It is not a problem for me to charge the watch once every few weeks of regular training. So, longer battery life is definitely a good thing. But this is no longer a factor that will influence my decision to change the watch.

AMOLED display, wireless charging, ECG, LTE or less price - maybe. But the further improvement of the battery, in my opinion, lost its value.

• I understand what you are saying and there is validity. It’s not a problem and it’s not a crisis but that doesn’t mean it’s “enough”. I won’t buy a 7X Pro just like I didn’t buy a enduro 2 because I have a working 7X and it has good range. My training buddy however went to the enduro 2 from his 6X because while 7X has much more range than a 6X, the enduro 2 has 20% more and that is never too much. Some day my 7X will come to then end of its life and I will be happy if I can have a new watch with astonishingly more range AND more accuracy AND more features.

The ideal state would be that in normal use you do not have to charge your watch at all because it has enough capacity and solar generation that it has practically unlimited range. Or maybe you only top it up on main for a big expedition or multi day event to be sure. That’s how watches used to be before they got smart. Maybe they will never get there, but I think they should keep going.

The maximum range of the 51mm watch also bears a linear relationship to the smaller ones and the AMOLED ones. The S models definitely do not have enough range IMO and neither does the epix without really managing the display.

Also keep in mind that the battery deteriorated over its duty cycle. The range is best when a watch is new and deteriorates over time — and it can be substantial over 2-3 years if you use it a lot. At its end of life, my 6X started crashing during activities because the battery could not sustain the peak voltage required by the processor. Ultimately it couldn’t boot. 

I’m not that keen on a glowing watch display — at least any that I have seen — but I can imagine a better transflective display that has higher contrast, more colors, higher resolution, and larger. There are improvements that are possible without using a transmissive display. 

I would like to be able to receive or make an emergency phone call without my phone. But not enough to switch to an Apple Watch or to wear  two watches. 

• The answer is that the upgrades are very tiny from a fenix 7X SS to a fenix 7X Pro. Battery life is not changed.