In-Dive Screen Display

Does anyone know if the screen can always remain on during a dive as opposed to timing out after 15 seconds? I know its a different display but its quite annoying having to hit a button to view your information after it times out.

• While I can't speak for the Mk3i explicitly, the Mk2i allows you to set the display to Always-On while diving via Settings --> Dive Setup --> Backlight. I'd be very surprised if the Mk3i doesn't do the same.

• I’ve done this: System/Display/In-Dive/AOD is on/Time Out 15 seconds. While I didn’t have the setting on before, I set the activity to do a Wrist Gesture to On. Unfortunately, I won’t be in the water for a couple more weeks to test it out.

• I can't change this setting and AOD during dive is on.

• Neither can I but several times during the pool dive (13’) the display went blank until I hit a button.

• I have already sent in a suggestion on this. The screen dims after 15 seconds in-dive and there is no way to make it always on the brightest setting. When diving, I have found that a button press or double tap to scroll the screen will bring it back to full brightness. A simple wrist gesture underwater does not work.

The AMOLED screen was the main reason for the upgrade and I find it really strange that it can't be set to max brightness for the entire dive. The Mk2i had the always on option. The battery on the MK3i is exceptional and I doubt would be an issue even in a 4-5 dive day with full brightness.

This is my only real complaint with this device. Hopefully a near future fix will enable a "no timeout" setting in the in-dive display settings.

• Good suggestion, you could also add in an option for wrist gesture.

• When I first got the MK3 in December 2023 - I went diving and the screen stayed on for the duration of the dive. This feature now seems to have gone away with one of these annoying software updates that do more harm than good by making mandatory changes that annoy customers. Hey Garmin Team, please do give us back this option! Thank you!