Does anyone know whether the MK2s has the older processor like the Fenix 6s or does it have the new processor that is in the 945LTE?

I'm primarily looking for a running watch, but I'm considering the Fenix/Descent watches for the maps and other sport modes. The 945LTE released around the same time as the Descent MK2s, but the Forerunner has the new Elevate V4 sensors and a new processor according to reviews that makes it faster than the older 945 and Fenix 6 series. While it's kind of a bummer the Descent MK2s has the older V3 sensor array, I also wondered whether this meant it used the older processor too. The 945LTE is definitely faster in moving through menus and loading maps from a video I saw. Seems like Garmin doesn't publish this as a spec, but if anyone upgraded to the Descent from the Fenix 6 line, is the performance about the same or is it faster?

• I don't know the exact processor. There's no noticeable lag in moving through menus. Opening the map takes a few seconds though.

• Sorry guys but I think that you are missing the point. Garmin have moved into an area which is different to the rest of their line up. If the watch does not measure my heart rate properly during a run, it skews my perception of my fitness, not great, but not inherently dangerous. 

1. if it does not calculate my nitrogen loading properly it could lead directly to me being hurt. As far as I am concerned your dive computer is part of your life support system and as such any bugs need to be resolved ASAP and thoroughly tested. The only issues that I am aware of are the planner function which was there on the MK1 where the NDL and deco plans do not appear to agree to other resources such as my Perdix AI and Baltic and other deco planning software. All of these, except the Garmin are close and all, including the Garmin are supposed to use Buhlman ZHL16 B or C. This needs addressing or the differences need to be explained and published if Garmin are to be taken seriously. Liability waivers are not a substitute for good product
  • Its also because before a update they have to check it doesnt mess up the dive functions so do more tests on descent updates before release so as to not have a watch malfunctioning at depth