Safety stop when DECO?

Diving whit MK2i (v.8.40), when a dive becomes a DECO dive, once I've finished the DECO stop, safety stop is not required...

Last dive I tried just for check, at 21m I had 2 DECO mins at 3m. Ascending slowly, those 2 min disappeared before reaching 5m (safety stop deep), so when I reached 5m the watch didn't ask me to wait there for 3 min. If this is recommended in no-DECO dives,  should be much more when is a DECO one.

Any one knows about it? I asume that is a software error...

• With regars to the differences between a planned de o dive (runtimes, stops, gas planning), I holly agree with nradov. IANTD does not have you "add" a safety stop to your dive plan. You finish your deco obligation, then ascend. 

No deco courses I'm aware of, OC or CCR, teach adding safety stops tonthe end of a planned deco dive. 

That said, for those who accidentally stray into deco while recreational diving using a Garmin Mk2i, can set your computer to have you first eliminate your deco obligation and then receive a safety stop prompt when you reach 5m. For example, if you go into deco while at 35m (3m) you've probably observed that while making a gradual ascent, like 1.5m/ minute, that by the time you reach 10m, it's likely your deco obligation will have been completed. Thereafter, when you reach 6m, you'll see the 5m safety stop prompt which begins the 3 minute countdown while hold depth at 5m. After 3 minutes, computer notifies you that you've completed your set safety stop.

Under dive settings, set Safety Stop to 3 minutes, then set Last Deco Stop to 3m. 

The above is not advice is not a substitute for deco training. Diving beyond ones training can lead to injury or death. That said, the Mk2i functions exactly as intended by the diver's settings and training.

Cheers

• That's a crucial observation! Safety stops are vital, especially after DECO dives  It's worth considering adjustments for enhanced safety measures.