Dive mode doesn't start.

I started diving again after a 2 month break, I work as a DM and I've used my garmin G1 without issues. Today, first dive after 2 months, my garmin doesn't start my dives. I took it diving (with my colleague, so I wasn't without computer) and the watch stayed on hone screen, I tried to start the dive mode manually but I was under the sea (up to 10 meters) and my watch didn't react at all.

I manually reset the altimeter, is there something else I can try? Does it need fixing? Reset? 

Top Replies

• Hello

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with this. First, I would recommend trying a hard reset on the watch. For this, hold the Light button until the watch shuts off, as opposed to selecting…

All Replies

• Hello

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with this. First, I would recommend trying a hard reset on the watch. For this, hold the Light button until the watch shuts off, as opposed to selecting power off. Then power this on again. 

You can also try Resetting Surface Pressure on the Descent G1 Series Computers:

1. Hold Light until the watch powers off.
    2. Hold Light to turn the watch back on.
    3. Hold Menu when the Garmin logo appears.
    4. NOTE: Wait on the prompt for 60-90 seconds before choosing Yes.
    5. Choose Yes to set the current pressure as the surface pressure. 

If this is still not entering Dive mode, you will want to reach out to Garmin Product Support.