D2 Mach 1 Pro extremely dim in sleep mode when in red shift

Happens constantly and returning the watch for this reason, along with other bugs reported in another discussion in these forums. This looks very much like a software issue (seems the D2 MAch 1 is identical to the Epix 2 - 51 mm just with custom software for aviation). The backlight is so dim that it's virtually impossible to see the screen. Hoping for a replacement that works. Thank you for looking into this Garmin D2 team ! 

• I'd agree it seems identical to the epix gen 2... Dressed up with a nice titanium band and some aviation features. Strangely we only get up to 25 days and not the full 31 the epix 2 gets so perhaps there are some slightly different internals, I couldn't imagine what though!

My D2 Mach 1 Pro screen also goes dim at night during my allocated sleeping hours, in addition to this the touch screen doesn't work. I am pretty sure this is a function of the sleeping hours I have allocated. Have you tried changing your set sleeping hours to see if it is only happening then?