This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

MARQ Software update

Hello, do you plan to release any software update in marq series gen 1, coming from Fenix 7 or gen 2 marq? Also, in software 26.00 Greek language has issues, needs update anyway. Thanks!

Top Replies

All Replies

• The Fenix 6 series new Beta update just released. (October 18th, 2023)

Beta Version 26.79 - Side Load Available

The MARQ series is part of the Fenix 6 series family in the sense that all MARQ (Gen 1) watches run the same software release versions.

The Fenix 6 series family is no longer going to receive quarterly updates that had been arriving January 2022 through July 2023. Prior to January 2022,the software updates were frequent but not as frequent as quarterly.

Future software updates will still be arriving but at a slower place along the lines of what has been seen with other prior generations such as the the Fenix 5 Plus series or Fenix 5 series before it.

Side note: the MARQ series was first released March and April 2019 and the Fenix 6 series was released September 2019.

• coming from Fenix 7 or gen 2 marq?

I am sorry, we cannot proactively comment whether current generation software features will be added into older generation devices. However, it should be noted that there have been many Fenix 7/Epix 2 series features that were later updated into the Fenix 6 series and MARQ (Gen 1) series watches. With that being said, we do not announce in advance if that is expected or will be coming since we are a publicly traded company.

• Also, in software 26.00 Greek language has issues

Please highlight my name and send me a Private Message. I will be happy to gather more information with you and I will write a case that will be escalated to our engineering team to have those issues resolved as soon as possible that are impacting your watch being in Greek.

Chris hello, 

First of all many thanks for your prompt and comprehensive reply. I'm attaching some pictures to see the language issues. Mainly there are missing letters (not referring to the abbreviations) or words do not appear at all. Anotner issue is, in the VO2 widget, my value is in green/blue range, but the bold one is the purple. Apparently these are not huge problems, but keep them in your update list for the next time.

Thanks again, 

Nikos

• Thank you for the pictures Nikos. They are helpful to get the Greek language issues resolved. I sent you a Private Message. When you are signed-in to the forums, check the top right corner to the right of the Notifications lightning bolt icon.