This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Incorrect update Marq Athlete 26.00

Hello. My Marq Athlete, after the automatic update at 26.00, changed the standard dial to the dial that is in the Golfer. After the walk, my GarminConnect app shows that I now have a Marq Golfer v.26.00 watch. After the next class, the watch face was completely reset and now only Widget (any) is installed on the times, when installing the watch face, the screen freezes after loading maps, although the watch works, counts steps, synchronization with GarminConnect takes place. Did a hard reset, removed Marq from GarminConnect. After hard reset and adding it to GarminConnect it is identified as MarqGolfer !!! (and not Athlete), accordingly, no dial is placed, only some widget can be placed. What should I do to return Marq Athlete?

Thank you, Igor

• Today, on the official Garmin website, I took the SystemBackdate_2100 firmware for the Marq Athlete, updated the version back to 21.00. Now I have Garmin Connect when synchronizing, it shows that I don't have Athlete, but Marq Driver !!! (At the same time Athlete is loaded in the picture). Of course, no dials are loaded, "Loading maps" is displayed on the watch screen, but in Garmin Connect the synchronization works, steps and other things are counted. How do I get my watch back to Marq Athlete, or at least get the watch face running?

Text Driver, and on the picture Athlete

• I am sorry your watch has a serious issue. For the level of the issue, your watch will most likely need to be repaired through your nearest regional Product Support. There are two troubleshooting steps you can try.

Please try the following:

Soft Reset: Hold down your top left power button until your watch shuts off then let go of the button.

Reset to Default: How to Reset Default Settings on My Garmin Outdoor Watch

• Soft Reset and Reset to Default didn`t work (tryied earlier). Are there any other options?

• I am sorry, there is not. Rolling back your software, which also reset your watch to defaults, was the best thing you could have tried given the unique and unusual situation that your watch has developed. For lack of a better description, your watch has found a way to lose its own identity. For that to have happened, the internal software has corrupted.

• I bought a MARQ Athlete in October 2021 in Ukraine, will this be a warranty case, because it happened as a result of a software update?
  • I personally cannot make that determination since each country has different policies that are set by the country. I am sorry I do not have additional information.

Please reach out to UK Product Support since there is no authorized vendor in Ukraine. The UK team is our Europe HQ covering all of Europe.

• Hello. I bought the watch from an official dealer in Ukraine.Service support in Ukraine today said that it is necessary to change the microcontroller, the warranty period is one year (and it has been a year and a half), so this replacement will cost about 900-1000 euros. I'm sorry, but it's not my fault that the watch broke during the automatic update to firmware 26.00. Why should I respond with money to the clock bug? Especially since Garmin's international warranty is 2 years. This is a watch with a price of about 2000 euros, it should not be taken like that and break during the firmware update.            Who will buy such watches if they work for a year and a half and then throw them away? I am asking you to repair/replace the microcontroller under the international warranty, since there is no fault of mine in the automatic update. The watch itself looks like new, there are no scratches, no moisture, no dust, it's just a firmware update

• Please reach out to UK Product Support. I am sorry there is an issue with the dealer. Please go through us directly. Our London, UK location is our Europe and Middle East headquarters.

• Interested to know if this issue is solved?