This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

MARQ support

I'm writing to encourage consideration of a different level of support and more consumer-centric policies for MARQ customers specifically.  Many of use have been with Garmin as a customer for years, with many wearable device purchases under our belt prior to the MARQ.  It used to be my impression that customer service by Garmin was top notch, with timely replies and gestures of good will to send a small part needed for repair for free or nominal cost -- the focus was on helping a valued individual customer.  However, there appears to have been a significant shift in company culture based upon several posts on these forums, and also my direct recent customer experience. 

I have a MARQ Aviator that is missing a $0.99 screw for the metal band, but have been unable to get any email response for obtaining a replacement -- this is a solitary screw securing the bracelet end-link to the other band links. I emailed Garmin 2x, without response, so I ultimately called by phone today and was given a link to upload photos. This was completed and reviewed by Garmin customer service, who ultimately came back with "we don't have the screws and cannot help you, please take the bracelet to a jeweler for repair." I have been to a jeweler, and this is not a standard sized link screw that is readily available. I'm sure there is some jeweler somewhere in the world that has the screw, but really this is really inadequate support for a $2200 watch -- how about Garmin go to a jeweler to source the tiny screws and make them available to customers for free when their expensive product has a design/durability failure as a sign of good will?  I as also given the option to buy an entirely new complete band from Garmin with at a discount, which would have still cost $100s.

It appears I'm not alone, as the Garmin forums have 2-3 other stories of this exact same issue (missing link screw, but no response/help from Garmin). This is an embarrassing look for the company, and poor treatment of loyal customers who have invested significant capital in the purchase. In my case, this is the 5th Garmin watch I've purchased, and I was an early adopter of the MARQ aviator in 2019 -- I can tell you that it's disappointing that Garmin does not seem to want to be bothered with helping MARQ customers. 

It's ultimately about customer-centric support/policy and gestures of appreciation instead of customer alienating actions that communicate something entirely different. It shouldn't take 2 emails, 1 phone call, 2 image uploads, and a follow-up conversation just to be told "please take our broken product to a 3rd party company to see if they can fix it." Maybe Garmin wants to be like everyone else and focus on commoditizing the customer relationship?  If so, that is truly an unfortunate departure from the company values and previous experiences I've had that led me to be such a Garmin fan in the first place.

• Not very encouraging.. i'm about to try have the very same watch repaired as the center knob on the left has gone wonky and needs replacement! I had an issue with customer support in 2020 when i was enquiring about a software feature, but got a very kurt msg saying it would never be implemented and good bye.. Being dutch i appreciate straight talk, sure, but certainly didn't feel valued as a customer of their premium products!  Well let's see how things will go now..