This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion
  • Guess you're not in the market for an upgrade then.

• Why not just sell it? Trade-in plans rarely give you anywhere near what you'd get for a private sale (whether it's watches, phones or cars), so all you're getting is a bit of convenience. Plus, from an environmental point of view, if you sell your watch it's probably going to get several years more use by the new owner, whereas trade-ins are quite often just scrapped.

• Im not into the hassle in selling it. The market for such  kind of a watch is very narrow, will take a lot of time and effort.

My Omega watch doesn't have trade in plan either, but generally keeps it value and can last a lifetime so I'm good.

Apple watch only lasts 3 years, but has a very strong resell market as has trade in plans.

For MARQ, it loses its value very fast, very narrow second hand market and no trade in plan.So Im basically in a dead end.

• OK, so now that Gen 2 has been announced, and you've pre-ordered yours (c'mon Garmin...I want it now, not in 3 weeks...ha) what are you most looking forward to?  What are the thing(s) you wish would have been included?  I'll go first.  The amoled screen is going to be awesome.  I've loved my Expedition since day 1, but the MIPS screen is so blah.  I'm ok sacrificing the battery life for the upgrade.  Also, the ability to set-up so many things in the app vs directly on the watch is going to make a huge difference.  On the flip side, I do wish Gen 2 had LTE connectivity.  Mostly as a safety feature.  I'd also say it would have been nice to have the flashlight like the Fenix/Enduro.  I get it...that would totally not fit with the stylistic look of the Marq, but it would be a super useful feature.  That's all I got.  Just waiting to get the shipment confirmation email for now...

• I love my Marq Aviator 1 but I’m now into the Apple Watch Ultra and I couldn’t go back to the Marq without LTE and better messaging. I leave my phone at home or in the office most of the time now and it’s been liberating. 

• Makes sense. The only issue with the Apple Watch Ultra is that IMHO it is really ugly. The MARQ  on the other side, is the most beautiful smartwatch I've seen.

• I also put my order in, do you think the slightly smaller screen will be that much of a difference?

• I think it should be same size as existing Gen 1 Marq.  I also have the Epix Gen 2 and it is bigger than the Marq.Gen 1.

• Thanks, so I had the epix 2 and this will be my first Marq.. How do you the like the Gen 1 ?  From what I can tell the quality and materials are amazing 
    thank you 

• Are the bands from gen1 compatible? I love my expedition with titanium band. The leather is far too fragile for most uses. I’ll probably upgrade but using my band would make it a little easier. 

Also the pictures make the new leather strap look a weird and cheap looking green.