This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Will there be a MARQ VERSION 2 now Epix and Fenix 7 have launched?

I was looking at my Marq Athlete this morning and still love the design.  I was thinking how good would it be if the Epix tech was inside it!  Just seeing what other people think?

• Yep I do agree but I also think Apple may have a longer term plan for that watch. The pro is $800. I would not be surprised if the watch eventually ends up with a round face, is made even more rugged, and then a high end version is launched. I still think there is a gap in the high end market. Aside from Garmins original Marq brand, I still don’t think it has been cracked that well. 

• I’m getting tired of waiting for a Marq v2. Was checking out the D2 Mach earlier today. Nice looking watch…

• I'm hoping that by saying this again someone from Garmin might read it! I think the Marq form and design is still pretty popular, so charge £500-£700 to replace the insides with a new 'fenix 7 plus' or 'Epix 2' update and replace the battery (it seems that Garmin's promises about Marq battery replacement are not being properly honoured). Sustainable AND profit making. If they just do a Marq 2 or change the product line completely it will confirm that Garmin are asking a lot of money for a nice watch that is obsolete after 4 years with no upgrade possibility. In terms of actual cost over time that makes it much more expensive to wear than a very nice proper mechanical watch, which lose little value over time.

• I'm hoping that by saying this again someone from Garmin might read it! I agree that the Marq form and design is still pretty good and I suspect popular, so charge £500-£700 to replace the insides with a new 'fenix 7 plus' or 'Epix 2' update and replace the battery (it seems that Garmin's promises about Marq battery replacement are not being properly honoured). Sustainable AND profit making. If they just do a Marq 2 or change the product line completely it will confirm that Garmin are asking a lot of money for a nice watch that is obsolete after 4 years with no upgrade possibility. In terms of actual cost over time that makes it much more expensive to wear than a very nice proper mechanical watch, which lose little value over time.

• I agree. This would both be the sustainable way, and also in a similar manner as mechanical watches a service to maintain and keep your watch running (or up to date in this case).

• I suppose the Marq 2 watches will be more separated from hardware point of view. E.g. the "Adventurer" users will not be happy with AMOLED caused reduced battery life, meanwhile for a driver or golfer the AMOLED seems legit because these users will not go for week long outdoor activites in the most of the cases. Me personally currenlty have a Tactix 7 and a Fenix 7ss but my plan is to sell both of two when the Marq sucessor will come out and only use the Athlete or the Adventurer version.

• I'd suspect that the cost to Garmin of just the case/strap would be so low that this wouldn't be worth their while, especially once offset against the cost of removing and replacing internals. Why sell the internals cheap for £500-£700 when you can sell the whole thing for £1500-£2500 at practically the same production cost? Sure, you might not get as many buyers, but there's probably enough margin in the full price to accommodate that (especially in this premium pricing range).

• Even though we didn't get the announcement we were hoping for at IFA, I see that UK retailers have heavily cut their MARQ prices over the last week or so, presumably to clear stock. It also looks like the 'buy' links have all been removed from the MARQ pages on Garmin UK's website - I'm not sure when that happened though.

I'd guess that means one of two things: either we're still going to get an announcement before the end of the year (as originally predicted), or if that doesn't happen and we start to see retailers run out of stock, that Garmin have decided to quietly drop the MARQ line.

• The Marq series tries to have the cache, and cost, of an heirloom time piece. But it’s not possible if the tech can’t stay relevant. I love the look of the marq series, but I’d never buy one. Waste of money for such a short-term tech investment. 4 years and it’s no longer relevant? 

now, if Garmin got creative and dreamed up a way to create an heirloom-like product that did change w the times, then they’d have a winner. Perhaps an on-going subscription fee for guaranteed upgrades of hardware and software? 

• I have Marq for two years love it but Epix disaster.

The watch times out and go dark unti wrist movement.

If Garmib does  that in a Marq 2 I will not buy ..

Apple watch changed all their watches in version 6 pr 7 to always on feature .   Garmin took bigbstep back with Epix 2.

It remind me of guy who invented new coca cola in early in 90,s 

Just saying