This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Will there be a MARQ VERSION 2 now Epix and Fenix 7 have launched?

I was looking at my Marq Athlete this morning and still love the design.  I was thinking how good would it be if the Epix tech was inside it!  Just seeing what other people think?

• I'm also hoping for a MARQ 2, but given the current limited supplies of Fenix 7s I think even if Garmin do have one ready, it's still going to be a while before they release it as they'll probably want to meet F7 demand first.

• I think that is a really good point. I was hoping that the price point of the Marq 2 would be such that the target market would be slightly different to the Fenix 7. The issue for Garmin is that a number of companies are now releasing top of the range products that compete with the Marq. I think Garmin will have one eye on the market and make sure they do not lose some customers to these new products. It’s great to see so many great comments on this forum like yours.

• Thanks - and you make an interesting point too. With the price of the top model Fenix 7 now being within £300 of the MARQ Athlete's RRP, is there still room for a new Athlete? I'd expect Garmin would want enough of a price differentiator, but they can't just randomly hike the price too much because, as you say, there's now competition in the space the MARQ previously had to itself.

• It would be nice if garmin considered offering a service to replace the internals of the marq with an updated version rather than getting people with a marq to buy a new watch. Sustainable as well. A decent upgrade to internals and I’d pay now, otherwise I’ll be hanging on to my marq for quite a while. 

• I'm torn.  On the one hand, I can see the benefits of OLED, particularly for maps and for looking cool. On the other hand, I really appreciate my MARQ Athlete usually lasting at least a week even with regular exercise and wouldn't want to see that diminished. I also like the smaller form factor vs the Fenix, as  says, so I wouldn't want to see them making it bigger to accommodate the increased power draw of the OLED screen. 

Perhaps the solution will be the same as for the Epix and Fenix, with a mix of both screen technologies.  E.g. the new Athlete could have an OLED screen and the Adventurer will have transreflective and solar.  

• This is a fantastic idea. It’s one I was thinking about when the Tag Connect was launched. Do you really want to buy a premium watch that will be out of date in 3 years, especially if the design is enduring? I guess there is a price point where this idea would be essential. Great thinking on the sustainability front as well.

• Battery life is certainly key. If Garmin can produce a Marq with an OLED that retains a good percentage of the battery life….you then have the holy grail!

• I'm looking forward to a MARQ II, but at the same time any significant design change could kill it dead for me. Whilst the MARQ is a big watch, its design (chamfered contoured lugs and the flush-fitting contoured strap on the Athlete) means it still looks good on my relatively slim wrist. However, if I wear something like a Fenix or Instinct the same size but with more pronounced lugs and a normal Quickfit strap which just folds straight down the sides of my wrist, then that looks too big. I think I'm at my size limit with the current MARQ and even that's down to a forgiving design; anything bigger or even just appearing bigger will be a disappointed no for me.

• Given the Quantix & D2M2 released as basically Epix 2 versions of their former selves, I'd think they'd do mostly the same with the Marq series ... that is, fancy case versions of those watches:

* Marq Captain = fancy Quantix

* Marq Aviator = D2M2

* Marq Adventurer = Epix2

etc

• I honestly doubt if there will be M2 anytime soon. Since F7 is out. Marq is a fine timepiece however it’s sales are marginal comparing to Fenix. 

Why Garmin released Marq? IMHO they wanted to have some on-field testing before they release their primary model F6.