This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Heart Rate in start of activity problem

When I start a workout on indoor cycling, wither my new Marq Athlete or old Fenix 5 plus have a same problem.

The heart rate read in start of 5-10 minutes seems not working right, compare to my HR straps to EDGE 1030, when I get the HR read 150 bpm on 1030, the Marq shows 90.

And it sometimes when it reach 5 to 10 minutes it suddenly working fine.

Is this a bug ? I did found some similar problem on reddit that other user experience, the links shows below : 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Garmin/comments/bc7hyx/garmin_645_has_bad_heart_rate_data_at_the_start/

Thanks a lot, hope the problem be solve.

• Probably not a bug so much as a physiological response. When you start n activity blood flow to the periphery can alter making it difficult for the sensor to detect heart rate accurately. As you've seen, one you warm up it starts tracking more accurately. What's annoying is that this does not seem to happen all the time. But then, when you think about, there are so many different factors to take into account that can affect blood flow it's probably not surprising.

Wrist heart rate is getting better as Garmin and others improve the sensor technology and underlying software processing but perhaps it will never get as reliable as a strap. And we all know even the strap can have problems at times; just the problems tend to be less frequent.