This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

MARQ series bluetooth performance (music)

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone else is seeing a similar type of behaviour when attempting to play music and run/ride. I own a MARQ Expedition and have so far tried using:

Jabra Elite Active 65T Bluetooth 5 (wouldn't stay connected after switching on/off; infrequent dropouts);

-->had the Jabras exchanged for a brand new pair- same problem!

Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless Bluetooth 5 (dropouts when an activity is initiated)

TaoTronics TT-BH07 (dropouts when activity started)

TaoTronics TT-8H16 (dropouts when activity started)

Anker Slim+ Bluetooth 5 (dropouts when activity started)

Plantronics Backbeat Fit 3100- dropouts

Aftershokz Trekz Air- hurray, almost no dropouts but horrible!!!!! sound-->returned

In common for all of the above- perfect when listening to music in watch mode; various degrees of cutting out when starting any activity

Any ideas? I am really puzzled how pretty much everything seems to work fine with the new Forerunner FR945 (going by the earphones impressions thread)

Cheers,

Nick

• As we talked about last week, we were not able to reproduce this here with our devices and Bluetooth devices.  We currently have your device coming in and will be using that to try to reproduce what you are reporting.  Until that time, please be patient since you know your device has a bit of a distance to get to me for testing. 

Thank you,

Heath

• My new device exhibits the same issues (while performing an activity) with a range of headsets so I wonder if this is Garmin account related.

Naturally, happy to wait and see whether you are able to reproduce the problem.

Best, 

Nick 

• This is getting pretty frustrating, I have now spent nearly £500 on BT earphones, including a few of the ones Garmin recommends for the MARQ series. My watch got exchanged too. 

What to do? Perhaps I should get rid of the Expedition and stick to my Vivoactive 3....

• There doesn't seem to be much interest in bluetooth performance on the MARQ series- perhaps people are not using the feature as much. I find that to be surprising as the FR945 forum is already littered with people reporting their experience using various types of earphones.

Well, whatever the reason, I have finally found a headset that actually plays nice with my watch (out of 10+ tried so far);

The Aftershokz Trekz Air work great, I am yet to experience any interruptions in music playback. However, the sound quality is horrible for anything but cycling, where situational awareness is a must. I will be returning these for a refund today as they are not fit for the purpose if you are a runner (in my opinion).

I am still waiting for Garmin to come up with any sort of solution or explanation as to what is causing this. In the meantime, I would welcome any further reports of how your watches are performing.

Cheers,

Nick

• i had similar issues on my f5x+...then i decided to fully reset the watch. 

deleted all the music. dissconnected it from gc. installed firmware completely new.

then the problems where gone and did not come back.

on my marq expedition i have no such issues os far.

• Thanks, will give it a go..last resort really

• Hey- thank you for the tip! I fully reset the watch and removed it from my Garmin account.

I think I am seeing an improvement- did two short runs with the Sennheiser Momentum TW and with the Plantronics Backbeat Fit 3100 with no other sensors paired.

I am a little bit worried about connecting my Stryd and HR sensors and adding my usual datafields and apps out of fear this will get things back to their previous state. 

EDIT: spoke too soon :X

• guys any feedback at all? I have tested most of the earphones on the recommended by Garmin list and none!!! work. There is clearly something else going on here- I have heard 0 feedback from Garmin in spite of my ongoing reports of the issue.

I would like a refund if you are not willing/able to help. 

Thanks,

NIck

• I think you mean to tag or maybe

For what it is worth, my connection problems do not seem nearly as bad as yours even when i have my foot pod in the mix. I've been battling a flu for the last few days, so I haven't done any activities (getting sick in a hotel room in Houston while on business travel wasn't fun). I'll probably get out for a run today or tomorrow and I'll report my experience. All of this would be moot if the Elite Active would allow for a switch of the master bud to the left.