Instinct 2x - Workout Feature not working - Going to a Bike Activity when I want to do a workout.

Instinct 2x - I just started using the Workout feature of my watch. When I select "Activity" "Workouts" "My Workouts" then Select a workout, it Says "Do Workout" I select "Do Workout" and it goes to the Bike Activity Icon to select a Biking Activity instead of my Workout. Is this a Glitch? Any Suggestions??

Top Replies

All Replies

• Looks like you created a workout of the type "Bike". If it was a mistake, create the workout anew, and make sure to select the right type before clicking the button "Create a Workout"

• Hello

You can start your workout with the activity first, then choose the workout with the steps below. This should avoid this roundabout way of accessing this. 

1. Press the GPS button
    2. Select your desired activity
    3. Hold the Menu button
    4. Select Training
    5. Select workouts
    6. Select the desired workout
    7. Select Do workout
    8. You can then start your activity

It is true, if you are creating a workout in Connect, you will want to select the correct category (Run, Bike etc.) for these to appear. 

• Thanks for your reply.  I did create my workouts in the Connect app and actually used a couple of the workouts that were already created by Garmin.  The ones I created were HIIT workouts.  It is very intermittent when it will go to BIKE and when I can actually do the workout.  I do use the Breathwork, then the Run Activity before trying the workout activity.  That's when it will go straight to BIKE and not let me do my downloaded workout.

• before trying the workout activity

Do not use the workout activity. It is pretty much redundant, unnecessary, and I'd tell even useless (at least I did not find any interesting features on it, that would be helpful). Quietly remove the Workout activity from the watch, it just clutters the activity menu of the watch. Do it in the way described - start the HIIT activity, and then start the workout from its menu » Training » Workouts » your workout » Do Workout 

• ... BTW: questions about Instinct 2 models are better asked on the Instinct 2 forum - you have a better chance to get a relevant answer there. The forum where you opened this thread is for Instinct 1st generation, and that model does not have all these features, so most users visiting this forum are not familiar with that functionality

• Thanks for the info.  I'm new to the forum platform, so learning as I go.  Thanks for your advice.  I figured it out and worked for me this morning on my workout!

• Thank you Garmin-Laurie,

I followed yours and Trux's advice and figured out how to get it to work for me this morning on my workout!  I aprreciate you taking the time to respond. and help me out.