Instinct battery failure

That's it, no more Garmin watches for me, ive had a gut full, I've had a variety of Garmin watches, my Instinct watch started playing up at 8 months, but battery is not included in warranty claims, lots of advice these days to save battery life, but that is useless when you buy a watch that has so many options.

Now my Instinct has gone into critical failure, even after a complete factory default reset. This after 14 months use....NEVER AGAIN GARMIN.

• So... what exactly were the symptoms of failure you observed?

• Instinct watch bought from Garmin direct.

After 10 months sudden reduction in battery capacity after an update, needed to do daily charges after that. 2 days ago, usual am charge, after putting watch on noted that full charge had gone and it turned off a few minutes later...recharge for 2 hours, full factory reset done, on charge again, but only able to reach 3 bars. It then lost all charge within one minute. Watch feels quite warm, so.... Watch is only 14 months old. I purchased another Instinct for my son 6 months ago, when he joined the army, lets see what happens here...

My anger and frustration is that Garmin is a quality product, but all smart watches I have owned (3 until now) have failed within a few years, from failing straps to charging issues. This should not happen, it's not a $10,- watch from a discount shop.

Very frustrated.

• Try to clean the contacts on your watch, probably dirty or some mild corrosion

• Garmin Instinct Solar bought November 2021 ran well until a month or two ago the max charge showed 12 days vs 18 I normally would get. Then more frequent charging as the battery started draining more quickly. Last week I Had the watch on charger and a few hours later when I went to check it had died completely.  All efforts to reset or recharge failed.

Garmin support is offering an exchange for about half the cost of a new one. Really sad as the model is perfect for me.  20 months is much too short a lifespan for what should be a quality not inexpensive piece of electronics.   Wondering if some models or manufacturing dates are susceptible to battery issues. 

• Hello Buddy

We have the same common problem.

Something happened to my Garmin out of the blue. I strictly follow the cleaning instructions and clean regularly. I think the problem is caused by the charging cable. When I connect it to the computer, it does not exchange or identify any data. I think the damage to the cables is either charging slowly or really the battery is dead...

however

Even if I charge it with a cable all day long, the battery drains very quickly, even though I see the fully charged indicator. This is incredibly amazing.

Version 19.01

Bells are ringing in the back of my mind wondering if anyone has doubts and problems with the software.

Thank you for your interest.

• My Instinct 1 suffered a catastrophic decine in battery level after an update.

Tried all the usual suggestions without success.

After completing a couple of checks they swapped the watch out for me despite being out of warranty.

Superb service!

• My dear friend, when exactly did this happen? I got a new x2 tactical solar model. I have some problems with the service. I contacted them using the global mail route (garmin) but still no reply.

• Approx' 3 months ago.  Garmin UK.  Incredibly helpful.