Firmware Instinct Tactical

Hi everyone,

Someone can tell me where i can find a firmware for my tactical ?

Is it exist in beta ?

Thanks all

• staring at the watch all the time

Apparently we use our watches by different ways. I hope  you don't think that your way is the only right.

I often need to measure some short interval without touching any button. Now I have to shake by hand regularly to keep the seconds visible. I will survive it, but I do not appreciate it, regardless if it is a bug or an intent.

you increase the consumption

Without any numbers I have still my doubts. I have measured devices with classic segmented LCD (watches, cyclocomputer, digital caliper) and LCD and its content has negligible effect to the whole consumption. But even if this type of display would have consumption comparable to let's say the heart rate sensor, what energy could be saved by this feature? Either I have the watch on hand and I move almost constantly, or I take it off usually for a night, the difference is only 30 sec vs 5 minutes...

I did not switch it off yet

That surprise me, because this is the absolute best way how to save battery life Grinning.

And that's why I do it. If I know that in the morning will be no time or no opportunity to charge the watch, and I will need GPS all day, I switch it off in the evening.

Anyway:

We found the bug and will be fixed in the next public release

So I can stop to care about it.

• I often need to measure some short interval without touching any button

You coud use the stop watch then, and let it running as long as you need, without touching any button 

what energy could be saved by this feature?

Couple of tens of microwatts of power. I do not know the exact specifications of the display of Instinct, but comparable MIP displays of similar size and resolution have the difference between MIP mode and 1Hz refresh mode in the range of some 20 - 100 μW. I also do not know the exact capacity of the battery of Instinct, but for example Forerunner 235 uses a 670 mWh battery. Instinct battery life is given to be 14 days in the smartwatch mode with HR 24/7. It gives the average consumption of 2mW. If the seconds were not displayed half of the time, and the consumption differece was 50 μW, it would save 8.4 mWh, getting you so some 4 hours of extra battery life. Depending on the conditions, it could be considerably less (or more), but it can be still welcome by many.

That surprise me, because this is the absolute best way how to save battery life

No, the absolute best way to save battery life is not turning it on at all Smiley I did not buy the watch just to let it turned off half of the time, I use the functionality night and day - night monitoring for sleep data analysis, and to properly record and detect the resting HR, which then helps with other features like calories calculations, intensity minutes, HR zones, etc.  

So I can stop to care about it.

Yes, I saw it. Although I do not need it, I certainly appreciate it was reported and fixed.

• Hi all, just found out that on the first watchface now we can have a second time zone even showing the name configured for that timezone. Very cool. Do you guys know when was this added? I'm running the latest beta 6.54

• Nice Slight smile.

Do you guys know when was this added?

If you really want to know it, you can try downgrade and upgrade until you find it, firmware depo is here:

gawisp.com/.../

My tip is Instinct_610.gcd -> Instinct_651Beta.zip

• haha won't do that, but thanks for the repo, is good to have it around.

Cheers.