Instinct Suggestions List

You buy a product knowing it’s current features but like anything, after using it you can come up with improvements and suggestions based on the watch and what is was designed for. Since we have a plethora of topics here, ideas and suggestions are all over the place, so I figured I’d create a topic to help people organize some of them.

So, below I’ll post a few suggestions based on my experience. If you agree with a suggestion (whether with me or anyone else), +1 it so Garmin knows. Post yours and let’s see what happens.

I’ll begin:

1. Timers- Give the user the ability to reorganize the Timers or have it automatically sort based on length of time (longest to shortest or vice versa).

2. Stopwatch- There is more than enough room to put the time of day. A lot of waste room on the SW screen.

3. Setting GPS- Unless I’m missing something, you have to set the GPS and it’s connection type per activity. It would be nice to set it on one (GPS or GPS/GLONASS or GPS/Galileo). Because of apps and websites like GNSS View, you can see the satellites above you and you can adjust your GPS connection settings accordingly.

4. Battery %- This is straightforward. We should be able to see the exact % of battery remaining.
  • lj50 we have not had any other reports of this, can you please contact our support teams so we can work with you directly?

Done, although my experience of your support team has been exceptionally poor in the past so I’m not holding out a great deal of hope to be honest...
  • As already mentioned some times here a

==> tide and wind speed widget depending on current position to next river or sea/ocean

would be higly appreciated esspecially for sailors
  • As already mentioned some times here a

==> tide and wind speed widget depending on current position to next river or sea/ocean

would be higly appreciated esspecially for sailors

Suggestion is great but these two are rather very different.
    * tide only requires a more-or-less simple multiplication with data already on the watch (moon-age and phase) + configuration of max tide and offset
    * wind-speed requires some online access
  • I’ll add what others have already mentioned but give a few reasons for it:

1. Tide widget: great for fishing! (In addition to the already mentioned activities)

2. Sleep monitor: This should be able to be triggered manually and not automatically between set times like it is now. A no-brainer for me, as it’s more common with irregular sleep patterns now then ever, not only for shift workers. (Which makes it even more important to
    monitor your sleep.)
  • Strong suggestions:

* When navigating and using the "off route" warning I noticed, that the feature is way too sensitive (too many false "off route" warnings, even with good GPS reception). Would be great, if we could define the radius after which an "off route" warning is triggered.
    * Why is there a limitation to the max. points a route can have? Cannot be a memory limitation, as tracks can have many more points. I'd like to see this artificial limitation gone.
  • Please add heart monitor enabling/disabling on activity level! I need it during activities only.
  • Strong suggestions:

* When navigating and using the "off route" warning I noticed, that the feature is way too sensitive (too many false "off route" warnings, even with good GPS reception). Would be great, if we could define the radius after which an "off route" warning is triggered.

Exactly my thoughts as well! I literally walked on the same track I made a day before (drawn with skies) and I got the occasional "off track" warning which is really annoying. I might try using the other hand on the way back next time, so the watch really should be within centimeters of the original path but that shouldn't really be necessary...
  • Exactly my thoughts as well! I literally walked on the same track I made a day before (drawn with skies) and I got the occasional "off track" warning which is really annoying. I might try using the other hand on the way back next time, so the watch really should be within centimeters of the original path but that shouldn't really be necessary...

Exactly the same situation here. To me it seems, that the normal GPS drift is already enough to get "off route", even though being exactly "on route". Activating Glonass or Galileo helps a little bit, but the issue still happens way too often.
    My feeling is that currenly "off route" triggers already at +- 10 meters, whereas I think we should have the option to configure it to up to +- 50 or 100m, in case reception is bad. Or at least, Garmin, if you don't make it configurable, make it at least less sensitive with the Standard setting.