Disgusting that I have to pay again to activate!

I’ve had my inreach explorer for years (made by delorme), Garmin takes over and suddenly I have 6 weeks to activate a device that was working until GARMIN deactivated it. 

Completely held to ransom here. Why should I have to pay twice?

They said they would credit the account but that’s still then taking my money I should not have to pay. 

Garmin stalled the short chat so now the ’grace’ period is up and if I want to use my device I have to pay them AGAIN to activate it AGAIN!

This is appalling behaviour, I have owned many Garmin products, from GPS units to running watches which I upgraded yearly. 
i will never buy another product from this unethical company again. 

• Hello, I will send you a private message to gather more information from you to try and help clear things up a bit more for you. 

• Now Garmin support are saying I’ve never activated a device which I’ve been using for the past 7 years!

Apparently because I chose to switch to Garmin (I had absolutely no choice in this as Garmin bought Delorme and shut down my option to pay through Pivotel) I must now pay them to activate a device that’s been active for 7 years!

Never support these money grabbing fraudsters!

• Hello, I would like to be clear that what was said is that you had not activated it with Garmin. You have had a Pivotel account which I did mention as well. When Pivotel and Garmin decided to change things they offered to waive the activation fees if activated before November 15th 2022. We did not leave any customers in this situation just hanging or at ransom with extra fees.