Extended mode for Explorer+ not in setup menu

So, I was fiddling with my old InReach Explorer+ to find ways to increase the battery life.  The manual talks about extended mode and shows that there is a line in the setup menu to turn it on and off.  On my unit, I dont see this option... The Send Interval, Log Interval, Prompt for MapShare, and Auto track are there but not extended mode...

The device is currently deactivated but the FW is updated to 5.2.  HW is 3.1.  I hit up Customer service but I must of done a poor job of explaining myself..  They told me "Extended mode wouldnt work unless activated".  I understand that but would think that the line would be in the setup menu even if deactivated

So, the question is did the Extended mode go away or am I not seeing the menu item because it is deactivated.  If all else fails, I will certainly check next time I go on an extended hike.

Thanks is advance

Patrick

• This appears under Settings > Tracking. It is POSSIBLE that it does not appear when the device has no active subscription. 

This seems odd to me because extended tracking affects things other than the use of iR modem. So you'd like to be able to turn it on even without an active subscription. (The iR modem is only used for sent track points, messages, message checks, and so forth. Things for which you do need a subscription.)

But it is what it is. Not likely to be changed in a legacy device like this.

You can get the equivalent of extended tracking by changing individual settings manually. 

Display brightness to off. Display timeout to shortest possible (probably does not matter with brightness off).

Tracking > Log Interval as long as you can tolerate for your use case.

BT disabled.

Map orientation north up (to prevent repainting with change of heading). Avoid viewing the map page as much as possible.

Basically, these settings minimize power use. Display is a big hog, as are the Iridium/GPS/BT radios. Map repainting uses substantial CPU, which also uses power.