How to select a logging frequency longer than 1 second, but shorter than 30 seconds for InReach Mini M1?

On Earthmate, I can select a 1 second or 30 second logging frequency. IMO 1 second is a bit too fast, but 30 seconds is definitely too slow (for hiking). That could cause the track to miss entire switchbacks, and compromise the total length.

I've read about people setting their InReach to 5 seconds or 10 seconds. Is there a way to do this? Can custom logging frequencies be specified? Then M1 must be able to do it, I guess it's just a question of if the frequency selection interface is too rigid.

• I don't believe the M1 is capable of this. The available M1 settings (on the device - I stay as far away as possible from Garmin's mish-mash of mobile apps) are 1 second, 30 seconds, 1, 2, and 5 minutes. I believe that the jump between 1 and 30 seconds is because anything less than 30 seconds keeps the GPS radio on at all times. Huge battery suck. But if you're going to keep the GPS on all the time, might as well get as much resolution as possible.

• As i know it's possible that there might have been updates or changes since then, but based on the information available up to that point, there might not be an option to set a custom logging frequency between 1 and 30 seconds directly through the Earthmate app.