inReach Mini 1 tracks (synced with inReachSync and USB connection) show up on MapShare, but not on Explore.

I was just on chat with Garmin support for hours. No solution.

My synced tracks appear on Garmin Explore in my Library, but when I click on it, the interface shows no track at all. Zero points. When I try to export, it downloads a gpx file with a single useless point.

However, if I look at the exact same track in MapShare, all logged points are there. The track looks exactly as it should. So the data does exist on Garmin servers. But you can't export from MapShare

This happens no matter how long the recording is.

I am desperate to get the GPX data of a hike I recently did. I tried using SpotWalla, but this is only able to get me an extremely coarse version of the recording, which is odd. It's worse than MapShare, but better than Explore.

I also tried accessing the gpx file through the device directly, but this seems to be impossible.

If anyone has any experience with this issue, or knows of any workarounds, please let me know.

Through my time in the trenches with support, I became absolutely disgusted with how jumbled and unorganized Garmins website interfaces are. You can tell that they must've inherited pieces of the pipeline from various other companies/sources/whatever, and frankensteined that crap together. It is horrible. And it makes me nervous to rely on the inReach as an SOS device.

• It is not possible to directly access the recorded track (either the coarse "sent points" or the more detailed "logged point") on the M1. The M1 does not mount as a removable "drive". The desktop Sync or the Earthmate mobile app (NOT the Explore mobile app) are your only options. If you have not tried the Earthmate app, you should.

One note about the map tab at explore.garmin.com. Check to be sure that you are displaying the track for the user in question. First, in the left sidebar, find the header row for the user name. Be sure that the eyeball icon is NOT slashed. If it is slashed, click it to un-slash. Second, you should always be able to see the "head pointer" (the big blue triangle which shows most recently known position). On the map, the head pointer has a small white circle on the lower right "corner". This is a button which toggles visibility of the tracks. When tracks are visible, the circle shows a minus sign. Clicking it hides the tracks. When tracks are not visible, the circle shows a plus sign. Clicking it shows the tracks. Bottom line: If it shows +, click it to display the tracks.

In experimenting to write this post, I found that the +/- button sometimes gets "stuck" and fails to respond to clicks. That is clearly a bug. If this happens, refresh the page using the browser.

Since you have already opened a support ticket, there's not much more you can do.

• I have tried Earthmate, that shows all of the data as well, like MapShare. It is only Explore that is the problem.

And it is not an issue with visibility or filtering; I can see the track in question in the list, I can see that's it's total length and duration is correct when I click on it. The map even zooms to a location and extent that should contain the entire track, but the points are not visible, and export returns a blank file.

• Omg wait a second, that tiny white +/- button actually worked. Thanks so much. I can't believe it was that simple. And I can't believe that support didn't mention this.

Garmin software absolutely sucks. There was absolutely nothing to indicate that that white button would have an effect, or that it was even a button at all. Crazy. Thanks again

• Not sure if I replied correctly for you to be notified; see my other comments below/above/whenever they are

• I think this can all be summed up as two fatal flaws:

1. toggling track visibility should NOT have a redundant button. The little "eye" is way more intuitive. This is a design flaw.

2. When a track is invisible, it should either be unavailable for export, or export the track. It should NOT export a blank gpx file WITHOUT WARNING. That makes no sense and has to be a bug.

• Bugs are in the eye of the beholder. Export is defined (in so far as it is defined) as exporting whatever you can see. (I am not sure if it actually takes the boundaries of the screen into account if you are zoomed in so only a part of the track shows.) When I just tried this (current version of Chrome on Win11), I got ALL my tracks in the export. It appears that the export actually "clicked the plus" for me. I am exporting from the button in the upper right corner of the map page.

Similarly, selection a track in the left sidebar (from the library or from a collection) seems to "click the plus" for me.

Bottom line is that I did not see any cases where the exported .gpx was empty (or just contained a single point, or whatever). I believe it happens - just not to me :-D

• Hello It does sound like you have figured this out which is great! I want still want to post for awareness of what filter types are on the explore page. Tracks Not Showing in MapShare or Garmin Explore Website