Can't activate In Reach Mini: The user object contains invalid values...

i have tried several times - in three different browsers

i keep getting this error message, so i can not activate my new device

the message is : the user object contains invalid values

this is very annoying...

I would call support, but they are closed.

is there anything i can do?

• I am  unclear as to where you are seeing this error message. At explore.garmin.com while trying to register a new device? Or someplace else.

Regardless, the thing that comes to mind is that Garmin SSO (single sign-on) can get in the way if you have more than one Garmin account. For example, if you use one account for the forums but used a different one to register your Mini). If you have more than one, either (a) log out of ALL Garmin web sites before accessing explore.garmin.com OR (b) access Explore.garmin.com in incognito mode (or private mode, or whatever your browser calls it). Incognito mode will prevent the browser from using session cookies left over from a different Garmin site.

• I am getting the same error message as well just now. Did you ever get a solution? So frustrating!

• I'm getting the same message: The user object contains invalid values. There are 8 steps of registration, I'm stuck at #2 Info. If I can't get through, well, return it tomorrow. Waste of time.

• I'm also having this issue. Chatted with support center today and they said they are aware of the issue, will add me to the ticket that is currently open investigating it, and that they do not have a timeline for when this will be fixed

• We are currently aware of this issue. If anyone is experiencing it please feel free to message me or contact Product Support directly for assistance. 

• I am having the same exact problem. "The user object contains invalid values." Emailed customer service two days ago, they finally got back to me and emailed me this:

Thank you for your patience while we continue to work on the activation errors you were receiving when trying to activate your inReach Explorer+. I am reaching out to see if you are able to try the activation again, we are hoping to see if some changes we've made resolved the issue. All you would need to do is clear the cache and history on your internet browser or you can use a private browsing tab, go to explore.garmin.com and sign in as an existing customer with your email.

None of this worked!! Guess I'll wait for the next BS email. Love paying $450 for a product that i can't even get to work.

• I bought 2 devices and returned it. I assume simple registration and there is problem. Not sure when I really need help when problem arrives, will this device have another problem then. I bought it at Costco and it is $300 each InnReach ii

• email support is always a bad idea. If at all possible, opt for chat or phone support.

• We're sorry to hear you are experiencing an error on the Info page/Step 2 when attempting to activate your inReach device.

Our engineering team is investigating the issue. As a workaround, some customers have been able to activate by using a different email. However, if you do decide to use another email there is a chance there may be a substantial period of time before we could change it to your preferred email. We only recommend this workaround if you need to activate as soon as possible.

• I am getting same message. I tried to set up service on Friday night and now I have to wait until it is time to go to work on Monday to get help? The website recommends to wait until Tuesday because it’s usually too busy on Monday. Based on what I can see in this thread, it doesn’t sound like they have a clue. I’m really looking forward to to taking time off work and waiting for someone that does not know how to solve problem. Very disappointed.