SOS from App

Hello together, i just got my inreach messenger, got everything setup including the app on my phone.

Maybe the following question is a bit dumb, but i was wondering if there is a "safety" for false alarms in the app or i you would mistakenly touch the sos button top left next to "contacts" the SOS would be directly sent out - i could see that happen on the trails e.g. in the rain just wanting to do a check-in but hitting the wrong area on the app. The physical SOS button on the in reach device itself has the plastic cover to prevent such mistakes...

• If you hit that button, the SOS isn’t triggered at once. You get first this page:

Sorry, in German. You have to swipe the SOS button to the right, before the SOS is triggered.

• Thanks / danke - I didn’t dare to try it on my first day ;)

Ich komme auch aus D also alles sehr verständlich. Fellow German here. 

• I've never tried this with Messenger or the Messenger app. Typically, there is always protection against accidental activation. In some cases, there is "count-down" (maybe 20 seconds or so) during which you can cancel the SOS before it is sent.

I don't know if the countdown would follow the slider shown here, or if the slider alone is the protection in this app. Either way, there IS protection.

And yes, putting the SOS button next to a button you use frequently is poor UI design...