86sci Antenna Housing Rubber Compound Question

(-DISCLAIMER-  I Am Asking For Advice Which May Involve Using Rubber and Bonding Chemistry To Effect A Repair.  I Hold Garmin and The Members of This Forum Harmless In Any And All Suggestions, And All Results From Any And All Subsequent Use of Said Advice.  Period!)

I have a GPSMAP 86sci marine handheld.  The antenna housing rubber compound in one small corner is showing the plastic corner or the under-housing showing through.  Is this an issue for water ingress?  When looking at the gps from the front, top down, the plastic that's showing is on the front-right-top of the antenna housing.  Is this close enough to a seam on the antenna housing to be concerned about water ingress, say, during rain?  I don't usually float it, even though it says it does.  That, to me, is more of an emergency feature, so rain is my main concern.

I've called Olathe, and have a trade-in price for a refurb unit as a replacement, which isn't at all bad, but I am wondering if I might get around this by putting a small amount of a suitable rubber compound that wouldn't eat through the plastic.  If so, can someone recommend a product?

Thanks In Advance,

-Stephen A. Brown