How to display BlueChart map on 86sci

I recently purchased an 86sci to use while boating.  I took it out on the boat for the first time yesterday and could not figure out how to display the BlueChart map.  No matter what I tried, in Maps I could only see me (the arrow) against a plain brown background.  I looked online and the body of water I was on is included in the BlueChart maps.  What am I doing wrong?

• Hello there,

I'm having this very same problem, did you find the solution? This device is very difficult to operate. 

• First off, the Blue Chart maps are optional when you buy the unit. You did buy the maps with the unit, correct?

The next thing to check is whether or not the charts are enabled. From the map page, Menu > Map Setup > Configure Maps. Be sure that the charts appear in the list of maps. Make sure they are enabled.

Next thing to check is whether there might be other enabled maps which overlay (and therefore hide) the charts. I don't have an 86i OR the charts, so I can't check this. If there other maps enabled, try disabling the other ones and check again.

Finally, some maps only appear at particular zoom levels. Try zooming in and out to see if the display changes.

If none of that helps, open a support ticket.

• This is great advice. These devices have much information and your response is was helpful. I was able to view the bluechart maps which is loaded when purchased. I officially know what I’m looking for now. It was the bluechart vision Florida maps. Still there is much to be learned with the device. Originally, I purchased the inreach mini 2 . But upgraded quick because the capabilities of the 86sci. Thanks. 

• In my case, I had to purchase the U.S. Inland Maps to see the lakes I wanted.

• I thought the "c" models included a BlueChart map?

"C" is for Coastal.