Error adding credit card on inreach site

Hi All,

I'm trying to find out if anyone else has the same issue:

For some reason I cannot update or add my credit card information on my account, which was working perfectly before. I have sent numerous mails to garmin billing support, who simply replies "it is an issue with your bank", which I never had, and the same card is used on multiple online subscriptions without any issues. My bank has also repeatedly confirmed that there is no block or issue with the card.

I have now gone as far as to try an load two cards from family members at different banks which fails in exactly the same manner. I have also unlinked the device and try and create two new accounts with the device, but the cards fails again in exactly the same manner.

This would mean that you cannot create a new account by using a credit card from one of the three biggest banks in South Africa.

Is there anyone who has the same issue?, as I have seen another post 4 months ago where there was identical issues with European cards. 

• First off, be sure you are talking to the appropriate Garmin support for your region. If, for example, you are talking to US support, they are not going to be helpful.

Second, be sure that all the data on the inReach account (and any separate billing information) is correct. You never know what the bank is going to look at in trying to decide if the charge is fraudulent. In the US, they sometimes look at things like the billing postal code or phone number. In addition to obvious things like the card number, name on the card, expiration date, and CVV code.

As a last resort, call the support number on the back of the card. Don't just ask if there is a problem. Tell them that charges have been rejected. They should be able to tell you WHY they rejected the charge. Frequently, this will turn out to be a "false positive" from their automated anti-fraud software.

If there really ARE no rejected charges, then the card is never being submitted. The problem really IS on Garmin's end (or perhaps in the payment network)- regardless of what the support people tell you. Pretty sure that Garmin will have to be involved in pursuing that kind of problem.

• Hi, that is the issue, there are no rejected charges, no record of any authorization request from any of the three banks I have tried. The transaction never reach the bank, from what I have seen in another post the Garmin billing does cater for modern European authorisation systems which is also in use in South Africa.

I just cannot believe I'm the only person who has this issues, hence the purpose of this post.   

• If there are other people with the problem, all you are going to get here on the forums is sympathy. Forums are mostly peer to peer. Not an official support channel. Sometimes a Garmin employee will pick up on a problem and help out. But the only reliable way to get support is to open a ticket.

If you get the same run-around from your regional support folks, about all you can do is ask to have the ticket escalated. Note that I am talking about a technical support ticket. NOT something related to the business end - which I suspect is what you are getting with "billing support".

• I have the exact same problem. There is no field on the page for me to enter my card number. I can't continue past this.

• The only way I could resolve it eventually was to create a new account with a new email, good luck