This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Migrating from old Delorme Forum

Just moseyed on over here from the old forum to Garmin country.

Any DL community posters lurking?
  • AFAIK, the old DeLorme technical support, based in Maine, is no longer in service. At least, the number is no longer published.

Tom, It appears that all Delorme links have transitioned to a Garmin hosted site of some sort.

If I click on my old DeLorme TS link it takes me here: LINK

The old "Mother Ship" home site redirects to the same link as above. If you scroll down to "Learn more about our products" and the use the > arrow on the product images you can still at least access the User Manuals for XMap, PN-60, Topo and Street Atlas.

The Blog is here: LINK.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 7 years ago
    Although a frequent poster on the former Delorme forum, I have also browsed these Garmin forums for the last three years. Nice to see so many moving over, and if I the need for satellite and/or cell tower device communication ever overwhelms me I will pay closer attention to the InReach threads.
  • Although a frequent poster on the former Delorme forum, I have also browsed these Garmin forums for the last three years. Nice to see so many moving over, and if I the need for satellite and/or cell tower device communication ever overwhelms me I will pay closer attention to the InReach threads.

Yuuup, I use the inReach when out of cell tower range up in Kennedy Meadows to communicate back home.
  • Adieu

My interests were in the SA and Topo products. I don't have an Inreach, so I guess I'm out of my element, altogether. So with that said, thanks to the familiar names and the ol' Timers who provided a lot of information on the Delorme Products. I'll bid you all adieu, and may the road rise up to meet you!

Phranc(Frank).
  • Airways- CASSIDY

I also moved from the old DeLorme forum to here.
    Nice to see some well-known users here like BrokenLug, TotemLake, CowboySlim and twolpert.
    I still using my trusty PN-60w and a inReach 1.5 (iOS) for GEOS and texting to my buddies.
    It's a lot of PITA for me - no more support for DL-handhelds, TNA and SA.
    Anyways! I hope my PN will working for me a long, long time. I'm not familiar w/ basecamp and Garmin handheld.

Regards from Germany,
    -M
  • Good to see familiar names! Very sad about the Topo and SA info going away. There was such good info and people there. I have looked but not found forums for other Garmin products like the GLO, which I have.
  • Good to see familiar names! Very sad about the Topo and SA info going away. There was such good info and people there. I have looked but not found forums for other Garmin products like the GLO, which I have.

There are no Garmin forums for Garmin hardware other than the current hot products which you see listed on the main forum page. Generally, people with handheld questions are directed to the Groundspeak geocaching forums. I have no idea where you go for products like the GLO.
  • Well, this is slightly distressing. I have been running all of my mapping for 4 years through Topo 9 and my PN-60w. Garmin, as far as I know, has an absolutely terrible system for doing what I have been doing. I knew the end was near, but went looking for a data cable for my PN-60 and discovered that Garmin has wiped all trace of that sort of stuff from the web. Not good.

Any suggestions on getting going with Garmin for best topo maps that they offer, and how to catalog a massive amount of tracks that I have turned into a draw file and display them on a Garmin GPS?