This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Fenix 5 with 14.1 update high battery drain

I updated my garmin fenix 5 with 14.10. I still have problems with high battery consumption.
Consume 1% per hour. With software 13.1 I had consumption of 5% per day. I tried to reinstall 13.1 but now it continues to consume a lot, always 24% a day. What can I do?
  • Same here. Without any gps activity only 6 days, before update 2 weeks an a half. Now 1% hour consumption.

• I have the same problem. 1% per hour. Tried almost everything except firmware downgrade. 

• I have tried to firmware downgrade but it did not work.   It is outrageous that such an expensive watch has a high battery drain for an upgrade

• Same problem; after software update for fenix 5 to 14.1, battery consumption from 5% per day to 1% per hour

• just got my garmin 5 fenix yesterday .. i choose that clock cause i read for long battery it have ,,, i notice that per hour loose 1-2% ... as i saw i have the 14,10 update but as i see many ppl have the same problem ,, i guess garmin will fix it with a upgrade ,,just waiting few days to see what will happen 

• I guess that software 14.10 results into a high battery consumption for the OHR. I switched of OHR and now, after only a few hours, the battery consumption seems to be normal. I will keep you informed. Hope that Garmin will fix this problem soon.

• Mine is a couple months old, bought new. No changes as I’ve had it all set up the same since I got it. My battery used to be great. Would stay at 100% for hours. After 13.40 my battery actually got ridiculously better with a drain of about 0.1% per hour, and then degraded again before updating to 14.10. 

What I am noticing is my battery level drops quickly at the very “top” of the battery and then levels out. It’s done this for a few charge cycles now. It will rapidly drop a few percent and then begins to level out. For instance, today I charged to 100% and within about 4 hours it had dropped to 95%. If it continues the pattern it has gone through during the last few charge cycles, it will level out and as it gets toward the middle and even closer to the bottom of the battery, drain goes down to about 0.2% per hour give or take. 

Not sure why it burns through the top of the battery so fast though. 

This is the third or fourth time it’s done this and I always catch it after it rapidly drops a few percent, and I restart the watch. Not sure if that helps tonlebel the battery or if it just levels out on its own after dropping so much. 

• Same here.  My Fenix 5 battery drain is now about 5 to 10X of what it was just a few weeks ago. 

• 4 hours ago, I switched off and on the watch and turn off and on the OHR. The power consumption seems to be back to normal.

• Update;

I switched off OHR yesterday, After 24 hours the batery drops down approx. 6%. More or less the same as before software version 14.1