Fenix 3HR

I know I am in the wrong forum but does anyone know where did the Fenix 3HR forum go?  Maybe Garmin moderator can answer that?  Thank you.

• I've just found the Garmin Forums.
    I've a Fenix 3HR that I'm happy with but as many of you have said, support is minimal, development is laughable & my experience with Customer Service has been laughable.
    What a shame that a good product has such a very poor level of customer support to encourage us to stay with them or buy from them again.

Anyway, I updated my software to 5.40 yesterday & all was well until I woke this morning. Now the 3HR won't sync with the mobile anymore.  This hasn't happened before & I've tried hard restarts of both the 3HR & phone several times with no success.

Anyone had the same issues?

• I upgraded to 5.40 yesterday & wish I'd never bothered. 
    Woke this morning & after no issues yesterday, it now won't sync with my mobile as usual.  Bloody furious  :( 

• Mak_kioy,

the problem is bigger, because I downgraded back to 4.90, but the phenomenon did not disappear.

I was very angry, because I lost several settings in spite of backing up the whole Garmin directory from the watch.

Maybe there is some hidden standalone software for the barometer/altimeter similar to that of  WHR sensor and WIFI, or GPS, and this baro software was upgraded with 5.40, but cannot be downgraded with 4.90.

I really dont know.

Are there more Fenix 3 or Fenix 3 HR owners whose watch have the slighter (20-50m) altimeter fluctuation even when being stand still? Or when pushing the buttons for several times in a row?

• i had the same issue when i upgrade to 5.40, after that i downgrade back to 5.00, it works fine on this version.

• ..where Version 5.00 has severe issues with OHR firmware (had to buy the heart strap because of this). Downgrade to 4.90 is my personal favorite until now.

• Having seen that our special altimeter fluctuation is an isolated problem, I start to deem that we are just simply unlucky.

• Could you share the procedure for downgrading the firmware? Thank you

• As always after some months there will be an "update" correcting this issue and creating something new! Typical garmin stuff, you know lol

• Sure, this information on FB is from 2015 but still valid:

www.facebook.com/.../

• Hey so, I've had my Fenix 3 Sapphire for 8 days short of 4 years.  I have always worn the watch and never had an issue with it. 

Now, all of a sudden its not working.  It powers up and shows the watch face, and connects to bluetooth, and still shows notifications from my phone.  However, NONE of the buttons work.  I can force power off and on, but I cannot get it to hard reset (LAP + LIGHT, or START+LAP+LIGHT) or , or enter testing mode (DOWN + LIGHT).  It seems to recognize when buttons are pressed as I give up pressing LAP after 5 minutes after a boot then 15 seconds later I'm back to my regular watch face with no buttons working. 

Has anyone else seen this?  Is there a way to force a reset thru a USB connection?  Searching for 2 days came up with nothing, and it was by sheer luck I ended up here.. Any help is appreciated.