Navigation Not Working - Distance Always 0 (Zero)

due to problem with EPO, in my case I delete everyday, do you have a widget or app to delete EPO.BIN of our F5X?

• I emailed Garmin about this a couple days ago, asking if there was any update on the fix, but I've not received a response yet. It's impractical to have to connect the device to a computer first in order to get the navigation feature to work properly, and in my view fixing something as fundamental to Garmin as navigation should be a priority.
  • OnlyTwo Thanks i'll try that. i have an iPhone, and i have an "Camera adapter" (it's only a usb port).
    i am on 12.85 and if i just plug the watch into the PC, it does not work. i have to delete the EPO file and resync with express. but i will restart the watch and try that again without deleting it.
    Thx.
  • Mistamb, tnasaelpm, one could use a ">USB OTG">USB OTG adapter and smartphone ?

Thank you. Yes, that seems to be another temporary workaround, at least when connecting to a Samsung Galaxy S9 running Android version 9.
  • sorry Garmin, but REALLY?!?!?!
    Firmware 13.00 is released and this Problem is not fixed? :confused:

and the elevation Plot Problem has never been solved since i got this watch. (for info 2. photo. i am navigation from elevation of 661m to a mountain hut on 1664m, not down again).

ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1472560.jpg
  • The update did not fix the navigation problem for me, either. It's very frustrating at this point.
  • It looks like the issue can be "fixed" just by mounting the filesystem via USB.
    This can be with a laptop, with an Android device and an OTG cable or (as I just tried out) with an iPad pro 11 and an adapter from USB-C to USB. I will also test a wireless SD card and USB stick reader.
    I was not able to fix it without extra hardware, that would be the perfect work-around.

Btw, Garmin knows the problem started with 12.00 but apparently has no glue how to solve it?!?
  • Please, everyone with this navigation issue needs to contact Garmin support. Garmin needs to know how many users are affected, and other user/device information that will be helpful in resolving the problem.
  • Everyone, I wanted to take a moment to update everyone about this and also ask you a question.

Update, we have been able to recreate the issue here and looking into the fix. Some of you have been asking why the fix was not in the last update, and it was due to that software version was already made and was getting tested as Beta software. We did not want to put that software on hold for this issue since it not fair to those users experiencing those issues that software update fixed. What is needed now is to have anyone running into this issue to contact Garmin Support so that we can track how many people this is affecting? Each of those contacts helps in more ways than I could explain.

To better help others experiencing this issue, I would like to change the topic of this thread since the current topic does not match the issue. Instead of me making up a name for this issue, I want to put it back to all of you. What would the Topic be renamed to allow other users to know we are talking about it here?

( tnasaelpm Would you please private message me the new topic name after you and the other talk about it? I will be happy to update it after that.)
  • I suggest renaming this topic "Navigation Not Working - Distance Always 0 (Zero)".
  • Everyone, I wanted to take a moment to update everyone about this and also ask you a question.

Update, we have been able to recreate the issue here and looking into the fix. Some of you have been asking why the fix was not in the last update, and it was due to that software version was already made and was getting tested as Beta software. We did not want to put that software on hold for this issue since it not fair to those users experiencing those issues that software update fixed. What is needed now is to have anyone running into this issue to contact Garmin Support so that we can track how many people this is affecting? Each of those contacts helps in more ways than I could explain.

To better help others experiencing this issue, I would like to change the topic of this thread since the current topic does not match the issue. Instead of me making up a name for this issue, I want to put it back to all of you. What would the Topic be renamed to allow other users to know we are talking about it here?

( tnasaelpm Would you please private message me the new topic name after you and the other talk about it? I will be happy to update it after that.)

Hi, If I may say something.
    If you were able to reproduce the issue I would expect fixing it either or the number of users that has sent it to support. I (as many others) don't use this specific function today so many won't be able to contribute but what if tomorrow?

Thank you,