Navigation Not Working - Distance Always 0 (Zero)

due to problem with EPO, in my case I delete everyday, do you have a widget or app to delete EPO.BIN of our F5X?

• Hi 

would tou like tell me how can i erase epo.bin?

i have a sams problem navigate stays 0 distance all time 

regards from macedonia

• You do not have to erase EPO.BIN file. Just connect watch to PC, wait until Garmin drive appears on File Explorer. then properly eject the device with Safely Eject as if it was any other USB device.

The watch will show "Loading maps" for a while, then it will work for a couple of days or until the next time the watch reboots / powers off.

9 months and counting without navigation.

• I miss this feature so damn much! Some times navigation is just impossible without knowing the distance to the next turn. It feels like my Fenix 5x is partially abandoned.

• Today I download the latest TopoActive map update from Express and now with 11.x I can no longer use autorouting. I get an error message I had never seen -- "Error while computing route". The watch then aborts the activity.

Anyone has seen this?

Hoping it still works after I downgrade the maps again...

But as I always feared it looks like 11.x can no longer route on the updated maps, and anything > 11.x has the "distance always 0" issue. Sigh.

• yep, garmin has removed the markings for "car navigation" on the newer maps. on the older ones it worked perfectly. so you have to buy or use 3rd party maps, when you will use the car nav again. also whats strange, since i think 14.20 the watch routes me through tunnels which are for cars only, when using hiking/walking as navigation.

• But I was trying to route precisely in the Hike activity ("hikerouting"? :) ).. Maybe my activity definitions got confused or something.

Anyway, too late to recheck, I have already started deleting everything from scratch again :(

• This is frustrating that Garmin chooses to completely ignore this issue still.....after numerous requests and reports to product support.....in favour of concentrating so much on their latest devices....... even third party maps didn't route me using car or motorbike routing..... just straight lines to the destination... O to next etc..  and I couldn't load the latest maps.. because of the bug in Express... (not enough memory ) ... .I managed to convince Garmin to upgrade me to a 5x plus because of this failure.... (I had to pay an extra £180 for the privilege....

Then to find out car navigation is removed from the 5x plus to!... But does work (sort of ) if using car routable maps...but I'm not convinced it works flawlessly like my 5x in the earlier software days...Distance to next works perfectly. 

I guess there will be problems left unsolved on the Fenix 6 soon...  as they work tirelessly towards the Fenix 7 lol.. . 

• Contacted Garmin Dutch support today about the "Distance 0  issue..The guy on the phone said he wasn't aware of the issue and would start an investigation...i told him the issue is widely known within the garmin Fenix 5x forums...ahum...

• Contacted Garmin Dutch support today about the "Distance 0  issue..The guy on the phone said he wasn't aware of the issue and would start an investigation...i told him the issue is widely known within the garmin Fenix 5x forums...ahum...

I had the same experience with Garmin Canada this week.  He initially said he wasn't aware of the issue, but then found "reference (to) a case for this issue but it was not being reported under this device". 

He was helpful and passed on my case to the developers.  Hopefully the various country support lines actually coordinate their efforts. The fact that the Fenix 5X did not come up on his search makes me question that however, it should be a known problem, correct?

Fenix 5X, v14.20

The only fix for me is by connecting to the computer, and then only works until the watch is turned off/on again.

I tried connecting to power only, connecting to Garmin Connect Mobile, OTG cable to Android, soft reset, none of which worked.

• Everyone, we are sorry for the delay but I'm happy to report that in the current 14.73 beta software has a fix for the Zero Distance Issue.

Feel free to install the beta software and report in the beta software's thread if this fixes the issue or if you see any other issues with it. Once we can confirm that the fixes work and no other issues, we will push the software update to everyone.