Garmin Tempe - Need help

My tempe sensor device does not stay connected more than 1 minute to my garmin fenix 55x. It disconects and doesn't connect again if i don't do it manually.
It also doesn't display battery status or software version in "about" menu, in the sensor menu...
I've tried two tempe sensors, and the problem is the same

Top Replies

All Replies

• The Tempe doesn't show battery status, but I've gone over a year before I just replace the battery. When you say it doesn't stay connected, what app are you running? To keep it connected, you need to be running something that uses it, like the native running app (you'll see it in a data field, and can tell it's the tempe instead of the internal sensor, as it only changes once a minute. The internal value changes faster), or a CIQ app that uses it. My "Time and Tempe" is such an app:
    https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/5...8-261a090949c5

Note: the Tempe can take a minute or more to connect with either a native app or a CIQ app.

If you don't have an app running that uses it, it will disconnect to save battery,
  • Thank you.

I am not doing any activity. Just using the watch temperature widget.

Is there a way to disable the save battery function in the tempe sensor ?
  • This thread (among others) might be interesting for you:
    https://forums.garmin.com/forum/on-t...erature-sensor
    I can't imagine that something has changed for the Fenix 5 or anything related to the tempe. Nor do I believe that they ever will perform a change. (They would have had the time to do so already: complaints about its function were already there as seen above.)

(I bought mine for an EPIX - as I remember right: the sensor was a downgrade: in the watchface it took about the mentioned 30seconds to get a connection/reading while at the same time one lost the history chart.)

Knowing already how unexpected the Tempe behaves, I did not not pay any attention on the connection time on mine and just mounted it to one of my shoes.
    During an activity (in the picture below: hiking performed with a Fenix 5x) it will still occasionally lose connection which will result in temperature spikes, see the picture. Battery was fresh. For me these spikes are so annoying that I put the sensor away again. Even with the actual generation of watches this sensor is still wasted money for me.
    Anyone has better experiences? where did you put the sensor to get stable results?ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1230329.jpg
  • I've had good luck with the tempe. I indicated the Time and Tempe app, and one of the pictures is my setup. I use a #3 S-Biner clip with it, and just clip it to wherever it makes sense. Belt loop, pack strap, jacket zipper, bike seat, etc.

Another app I have in the store is "Temps". It's a temperature widget that shows both the internal temperature data, as well as the tempe reading. In the time it takes to connect it shows the previous reading (with a time stamp) until the old reading ages and no longer valid. https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/17580ca9-816e-4203-a6a5-002eb543c04a
  • Jims widget is much better then garmin default one
    if you have a phone with ant+ you can use the app AmbiTemp its very fast connecting to Tempe and also shows last access and min max temp with comma.