Recovery Hours - how does it works with multiple trainings?

Lets see an example: I go for a 4h bike ride and have 17h recovery as the result. Immediately I go for a 20min run. After the run, my recovery time is 15h... Does it make sense? By adding additional running to training, the recovery time should increase, not decrease.

Furthermore, I believe, that if I do a hard running workout in the evening, that results with 42h of suggested recovery time. On next morning I do a swimming workout, and It does not affect recovery time at all. In the evening I do a hard cycling workout and I get 17h recovery time. So it seems: 42 - 24 - 1(about the workout duration) - so swimming or cycling does not affect recovery time from the workout a day ago...
  • Interested in this too.

I did a Zwift race yesterday that took me 45 minutes and as usual, I also recorded it on the watch so the watch data was correct with what activities I've been doing.

While it was only 45 mins, it was at about 110% intensity for my current FTP and the watch suggested 3.5 DAYS recovery; but I suspect if I do a slow recovery ride this evening it will forget about those 3 remaining days and say 18 hours or something.

What would also be really awesome would be if Garmin allowed all of their devices to calculate recovery based on the activities stored on Garmin Connect, rather than just the activities on the device it's self so that users of multiple Garmin units (I myself use an Edge 1000, Forerunner 935 and Fenix 5X) could get accurate recovery info without having to record the same activity on multiple devices at the same time. As in... when I ride the bike, I've been having to record it on both my Edge 1000 and my Fenix 5X, then deleting one of them off of Garmin Connect, just so my Fenix 5X has up-to-date data.
  • I have the same scenario. Did you find a solution to this? I know it’s several years later