HR watches & Nato straps

Former Member
Former Member
Hi all.

I'm seriously considering getting the 5X and if I do I will be using a Nato/Zulu strap with it.

Now many watches these days have wrist based HR sensors and I'm wondering if anyone here knows of any company that makes a Nato/Zulu straps with a space already cut into them for the sensor.

I've seen diy attempts at them so I know I can make them myself but I would prefer to buy a professionally made one if they exist.

I'm in the UK by the way.

Thanks all.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 6 years ago
    Hi all. Just stumbled onto this post as I have been trying to find a NATO strap solution for my 5x+ that doesn't cover the HRM. I've looked everywhere, but haven't found anything. I did find someone on eBay here in Australia (user name: strapsxchange) that I asked about it. He said he's working on a solution with the manufacturer, but at this stage is some 6months away. So maybe keep an eye out.
  • I think I’d be hesitant about making a heat sealed hole in the band. The HRM resin is apparently a lot more delicate than Garmin would like to admit. I can see the heat sealed nylon rubbing against it with daily wear and badly damaging it if one isn’t careful. I’d probably stick with a two piece band for that reason.