This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

The barometer or temperature or altitude does not work in clock mode, 5X Plus

Hello, in watch mode neither the altitude nor the barometer nor the temperature is recorded. If I start an activity the altimeter works normally, but in non-activity mode (watch mode) neither the barometer, altimeter nor temperature work. Any solution?

• What is your exact issue? If your watch works regularly, you can see 48h barometer data and 4h altitude data in the respective widgets, but they are not recorded. The temperature widget only shows min max data if a Tempe sensor is connected. None of these data can be seen in the Garmin Connect App.
    If your watch behaves differently, remove ALL Connect IQ-Apps (also watch faces), switch it off, wait 20s and switch it on again. If this doesn't help, reset it to factory defaults. If you still have an issue, contact Garmin Support.

• That is the problem, that I cannot see the barometer data even when calibrating, but the altitude if I calibrate does appear, but later it does not update automatically.
    Sorry for my bad English.

• This looks really weird. As the barometer works during activities, it is hopefully a software issue and my tips might help. Otherwise you could clean the side openings with a mild surfactant and a toothbrush. 

• Can you check in the watch in Settings -> System-> About the version of Sensor Hub? 

Have you tried a full reset to factory defaults?

• In activity only the altimeter works, not the barometer

• You mean this?

Sensor Hub: 2.41

• Yes, I have reset to factory settings, but it's still the same

• The sensor hub has a normal version number, that means it has the correct software, so re-installing that will not help.

I suspect that the altitude you see during activities is from DEM (based on GPS position). Because the temperature and barometer are not working at all, and the altitude only during activities outside, I am afraid that the sensor module (it senses air pressure and temperature, altitude is calculated based on pressure) is broken.

You can call Garmin support and ask what they advise, nothing else you can do I'm afraid.

• thank you so much

• After having the watch off for more than 1 day, today I turned it on and I see that both the barometer and the altitude and temperature are working....?