It is possible to continually record temperature using tempe sensor?

I camp a lot. I'd really like to know the temperature range was outside my tent while I was sleeping, mostly I guess to see how low the temperature got. I have the tempe sensory. Is there any widget or anything that can give me that data? I considered even running an activity all night or something. I don't care about battery life being used up, I can always charge it the next day.

Top Replies

All Replies

• oh that's very helpful to know. I didn't know if i could trust those numbers, meaning, i didn't know what the min temp and max temp were. I mean, having the entire history would be fun to have, but i think i can be happy with just the min temp from the last 24h when i wake up in the morning. 

• Yeah, that's what I do when hiking. One more tip (learned by experience): If you want your hiking activity's temperature graph to be accurate, wait for the watch to find the Tempe before actually starting your hiking activity (i.e., select hiking but don't press the final start button to begin the hike), wait for the watch to say the Tempe has been connected and show the sun icon for Tempe. This may again take a minute or two. If you start your hiking activity right away, the first couple of minutes in the temperature graph will be from the internal temperature sensor (until the watch picks up the first Tempe broadcast). It's not a big deal, but of course the internal temperature reading will mostly be way too high because it's from your wrist.

• Ah ok, I think i noticed that when I did a bike ride on Saturday, i waited until it said GPS was good to go and started my bike ride and then a few moments after that it said "tempe" connected or something. Like you said, not a big deal but it did impact my max temp for the whole ride because the first recording or two was 20 degrees warmer than the rest of the ride. Your response explains why that happened, thanks!