Fenix 5 Plus Series - 14.00 Release Candidate

Hello Fenix 5/5S/5X Plus users,

We have new beta software ready for your upcoming adventures!

This software version is our next Public Release Candidate. This means that this software will become a public update, as long as we do not identify any critical bugs in this version. We would appreciate any feedback on v14.00. (Whether you install 14.00 now or wait for the official release in a few days, the v14.00 "release candidate" or "public release update" software will be identical.)

Note: Please allow for the updates to propagate across all servers. There is no need to post that the link does not work. It will after a bit of patience.

Fenix 5S Plus: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=14333
Fenix 5 Plus: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=14331
Fenix 5X Plus: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=14335

14.00 Change Log Notes:

• Fixed an issue where the device could crash when editing CIQ data field/watchface settings.
  • Fixed an issue where long music titles would not display correctly on the playlist screen.

Please note, the beta updates released on these forums are not suitable for APAC region devices.

Please send all bug reports to outdoor[email protected], and indicate which model of the fenix 5 Plus series you have in the subject line.

Top Replies

All Replies

• Hi all,

How to avoid the installation of  unwanted beta versions (public release candidate versions???

I have checked https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=14317, for the time being there is NO 14.00 as official update.

At the same time after connectiing my watch to my laptop in order to backup my activity files I see on the display of my F5+ that I have 2 options: either to install a new version right now or tonight.

I deleted the update file from RemoteSW folder as an interim solution, but I have not the slightest clue why a beta version was automatically offered (hmmm enforced on my Fenix 5+).

As far as I know beta software versions can be installed only via a manual process by the user itself

• How to avoid the installation of  unwanted beta versions (public release candidate versions???

Probably best to contact Garmin Support. You are correct that beta installations can usually only be installed manually. Are you sure the update you are being offered is 14.00RC?

• No, one cannot be sure, since there was no info about it on my watch.

And the gcd file which was deleted had a file name which did not tell anything about it either.

• And it might have been 14.00 official too, but odsweng declared it just a couple of hours before my affair that the 14.00 official would be released in few days.

• Thanks beta team!

I love adventure and I'm diving right in.

• Thanks for fixing the music scroll bug I reported... That was quick and impressive!...

And thank you team for listening to its customers. 

Ps... thanks Twinaxx for your conformation reply in my thread. : -) 

All the best.... 

• At the same time after connectiing my watch to my laptop in order to backup my activity files I see on the display of my F5+ that I have 2 options: either to install a new version right now or tonight.

I deleted the update file from RemoteSW folder as an interim solution, but I have not the slightest clue why a beta version was automatically offered (hmmm enforced on my Fenix 5+).

As the update was in the RemoteSW folder, it may have been the recently released Time Zone Map update. Both my f5+ and Forerunner 735XT received that update yesterday (2020-11-20) and shows as pending for my Edge 820.

• Good to know that music scrolling is fixed! Scrolling through courses still has a bug though, but only when scrolling downwards. I'll report it.

• No issues during a first activity, all seems to be OK. I didn't see any of the "sensor connected" alerts mid-activity that normally occur a couple of times, so maybe sensor connectivity improved.

LiveTrack autostart worked. No track shows on the LiveTrack map, but I believe I'm the only one who still has that issue, so I should not have expected that it would be solved by this new version.

• Thanks Twinaxx... I'm having trouble sending garmin product support any files or folders to help... because their security is to high after the ransomwear attack..... and they can't reproduce the bug themselves.... So you reporting it also will really speed thing's up for us...cheers. 

: -)