available network not found, error 0600

Dears,

I opened a case with Garmin support in Italy becasue I have problems connecting with the wifi. The wifi network card of the fenix is not able to find any wifi network even if from my smartphone I see there are several available. The case number is 116920769K0.

I received an email with instructions to follow: connect the fenix to garmin express and get all available updates installed; to do a master reset following the procedure.

I did both with no positive results, the fenix is still not able to locate any wifi connection.

I read in this pages that Gamin has been aware of such problem since at least 1 year and yet the problem is not solved.

The Italian Garmin support has never mentioned that the problem was known and it seems they are just trying to give some test to perform even if they already know the problem will not be solved.

I was told that most likely it is my internet connection but I tried to connect to several wifis different from my one with no positive outcome.

I was told that if the fenix is connected to the garmin express and the Fenix5 is not able to find a wifi, the problem is my laptop. My laptop works well and it is able to find wifi networks. The point is that the search of the wifi network is supposed to be done by the fenix5 and not using the wifi network card of my laptop.

If the problem is not solved yet, I want the cost of the garmin fenix 5 plus refunded.

• That's the same thing they told me on these forums. Then I called and they confirmed it was the update, known issue, wait for the patch.  By all means call. But. If they tell you something different when you call please reply to me here so I can call back and get a fixed watch! I am beyond frustrated with having to manually download and the lack of Spotify access. 

• Absolutely. And I will also tell you if the problem solves by itself til I reach someone.

• Has your issue been addressed? I am still having this issue and running version 7.11

• That's the same thing they told me on these forums. Then I called and they confirmed it was the update, known issue, wait for the patch.

I am sorry your Wi-Fi stopped working. Please reach out to Outdoor Product Support again if you would like to exchange your watch for another recertified/rebuilt Fenix 6 watch. My sincere apologies you were given incorrect information. We know directly from engineering that a Wi-Fi error in the 600 range is a failure if your issue does not resolve syncing through Garmin Express or resetting your watch through the System > Reset menu.

Will a 600 range Wi-Fi error sometimes be resolved? I have personally not seen it resolve but there is an occasional forum report that updating the Wi-Fi router software or changing it out has resolved the issue.

• This doesn't make any sense. My issue has not been resolved and multiple support tickets have told me the same thing - the update caused it and it is a known issue. Wait for new system update beyond 7.11. The 7.11 rolled back the wifi in error on some watches, to version 3.00.  you can find which wifi you're on by going to system > about> down about five screens to WiFi version.  Also another watch doesn't help me, because the FR945 was purchased so that I can have the watch LTE without a phone connected.  Why are you telling me about a Fenix?  I'm confused. 

Also the system reset DID fix it. Until it reinstalled update 7.11 again. Then it's "broke" again. Because it's the software Garmin Support said. 

• No, unfortunately still waiting for update beyond 7.11. You may be able to do a system restart and then disable auto updates until the new system update comes out, however, the risk is then maps isn't updated so I chose to just wait. Maybe you can install just maps updates using a computer in between though, not sure. 

• It sounds like you do not own a Fenix 5 Plus series watch but your posts are in the Fenix 5 Plus forum. The Wi-Fi errors can sometimes be close to each other between the Outdoor watches and Fitness watches. If you are having issues with your Forerunner 945 LTE, you are working with the Fitness segment Running team. They may have completely different information for your issue than what I am providing for Fenix owners. I am sorry you have been having issues with your watch.

• I did get them mixed up, just was the exact same issue. Just FYI - my issue is now fixed by signing up for beta testing. I am all good now. 

• Hi Chris. So do you think my issue with my FR945 LTE would be solved by joining beta testing like this users issue was? Or should I just still wait?  I'm also getting the replies confused between the Fenix and FR so just clarifying.