Excessive battery consumption

Hi.

I have just purchased the 5 plus series and I would like to know if the consumption that in my opinion seems excessive, could be due to fw 7.60 or with normal use, I could have a loss of 10% / 15% a day, with a use of gps that does not exceed 2 hours.
Thank you

• Hi, 

My F5+ shows a strange behaviour. If I use GPS only or GPS + Galileo the battery consumption is almost equal. I also don't see any differences in accuracy (I'm living in Bavaria, Germany). If I change to GPS + Glonass, the accuracy is much better but the power consumption is strange. It is normal during the activity but after stopping, I have a huge post-activity drain. My expectation is that GPS + Galileo is not working correct, i.e. Galileo is not switched on (although it should be) and GPS is working alone. Only GPS + Glonass works as intendet but with the post-activity drain.

Anyone else with a similar experience? 

Thanks. 

• TBH I've never really noticed any battery issues. But you have made an interesting observation and one that I suggest you pass on directly to [email protected].

My memory is not overly perfect, but this is the first time I recall someone being able to point specifically to a GPS combination affecting battery drain.

• My F5+ running 7.60 seems to drain just over 10% an hour when I use it for cycling, this is using GPS+GLONASS as well as heart & cadence ANT+ sensors. Walking with GPS + GLONASS and no sensors seem to consume about the same.

This will at best only be giving me 10 hours GPS and not the claimed 19 hours, I can only assume that maybe turning off GLONASS would improve things but I have not yet tried.

• My 5X Plus is also draining pretty quickly now - after a full charge I am at 65% after 2 days doing only 2 runs of around 60mins. Had turned off phone connection and Pulse Ox